Introduction. The article shows the increase in Ukraine’s share in the world structure of grain exports. The average value of the growth rate of Ukrainian wheat and fodder grain exports is calculated, which is ahead of the similar world indicator. It turns out that the food supply of individual countries and regions depends on the volume of Ukrainian grain exports. It is noted that the positive side of the growth of grain exports is the increase in foreign exchange earnings, the negative – the loss of value added and reducing the use of grain for domestic needs.
Purpose. Substantiation of theoretical and methodological provisions of the grain market, study of the state, patterns, prospects of the grain market of national and regional nature and development of practical recommendations for improving the organizational and economic mechanism of its regulation through generalization of conceptual approaches and implementation of foreign experience.
Results. The article proves that the solution of the global food problem is connected with the production of grain products. Currently, the essence of this problem comes down to the fact that the growth rate of the world’s population is ahead of the growth rate of grain production. In addition, the article substantiates how the negative impact of destructive factors on agricultural production is increasing – reducing the area of land suitable for agricultural production through construction and desertification, increasing freshwater shortages, increasing the frequency of floods, droughts and fires and increasing their distribution and more.
Conclusions. While maintaining the current demographic and climate trends, the risks of food danger are increasing even for countries that have traditionally been and are suppliers of grain products to the world market. For Ukraine, such risks are because the deepening integration of its economy into the world weakens the ability of public administration to influence the redistribution and movement of food in the national market – free trade policy is the basis of the neoliberal doctrine of economic globalization. In the worst-case scenario, the owners of grain products grown in Ukraine will be foreign agricultural holdings of TNCs, which will export it abroad without restrictions provoking an acute shortage of food in the domestic market with all the negative consequences.
Keywords: wheat, fodder grain, export, foreign exchange earnings, raw materials, value added, domestic use.
- Mudrak, R.P., Mazur, Yu.P. (2016). «Marketing channels for distribution of products of agricultural enterprises: status, tendencies and perspectives». Innovative economy. 3-4 (62), рр. 43-49.
- Kushnir, N.O., Slavich, M.M. (2017). «Modern trends of Ukraine’s development on the world grain market». Uzhorod National University Herald. 15. Part 2, рр. 125-128.
- Yegorashchenko, I.V. (2017). «Grain cultivation and export in Ukraine: logistical aspect». Scientific Journal of Kherson State University. 25, Part 2, рр. 92-96.
- Kyrylenko, I.H., Ivchenko, V.Ye., Demianchuk, V.V. (2018). «Main trends in the development of the world food market and food production in Ukraine». Ekonomika APK. 9, рр. 34-45.
- Mykhailova, L.I., Lyshenko, M.O., Ustik, T.V. (2018). «Management mechanisms for marketing in agricultural enterprises in the grain market». Ekonomika APK. 10, рр. 40-49.
- Nakonechna, K.V., Yakubovskaya, Ya.V. (2018). Eksport sil’s’kohospodars’koi produktsii Ukrainy v umovakh funktsionuvannia zony vil’noi torhivli z YeS. [Export of agricultural products of Ukraine on the functioning of the free trade area with the EU]. Efektyvna ekonomika. [Efficient economy]. 12. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=6767 DOI: 10.32702/2307-2105-2018.12.96.
- Seheda, S.A. (2019). «Agro-food products in commodity structure of the foreign trade of Ukraine». Ekonomika APK. 2, рр. 73-83.
- Pedorchenko, A.L., Shpychak, O.O. (2020). «Effectiveness of value added tax on export of crop products». Ekonomika APK. 1, рр. 101.
- Lagodiienko,V., Bogdanov, O.O., Lagodiienko, V.V. (2019). «Ukraine’s place and role in the world wheat market. Mistse ta rolʹ Ukrayiny na svitovomu rynku pshenytsi». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Volume 4. № 2, рр. 123-129.
- Mudrak,, Nyzhnyk, I., Lagodiienko, V., Lagodiienko, N. (2019). «Impact of seasonal production on the dynamics of prices for meat and dairy products in Ukraine». TEM Journal. Vol. 8. No. 4, рp. 1159–1168.
- Sadchenko, О., Lagodiienko, V., Novykova, I., Feshchenko, O., Ruzhynska, N., Bogdanov, O. (2020). Marketing Tools in Stimulating Innovative Activity of Enterprises. International Journal of Management. № 11 (6), pp. 241-251.
- USDA (2020). Grain: World Markets and Trade. Available at: https://usda.library.cornell.edu/concern/publications/zs25x844t?locale=en#release-items
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2020). Foreign trade in certain types of goods by country. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2020/zd/e_iovt/arh_iovt2020.htm
- Indexmundi (2020). Agricultural Production, Supply, and Distribution. Available at: https://www.indexmundi.com/agriculture/
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2020). Commodity Pattern of Foreign Trade of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2020/zd/tsztt/tsztt_u/tsztt0520_u.htm
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2020). Index of Industrial Production in Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2016/pr/ipp/ipp_u/arh_ipp_u.htm
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2020). Balances and consumption of the main food products by the population of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2019/zb/07/zb_bsoph2018_pdf.pdf; http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/Arhiv_u/07/Arch_spog_zb.htm
The article was received 12.04.2020