The article is the study of patterns and trends in credit provision, agrarian policy impact assessment on the financial condition of agricultural enterprises.
Potential agricultural producers to access bank loans is determined by the following factors – the cost of credit resources of commercial banks, the ability of the borrower to return the principal loan and interest on it, and meet the conditions of the loan agreement.
The cost of credit for agricultural producers today is 24-26 %, is more than of other activities – 22-23 %.
Financial instability and the loss of many farms, low creditworthiness of the industry and hamper the development of credit relations, because banks want to see in borrowers paying customers only.
Therefore, the main areas of the stabilization mechanism for lending to agricultural enterprises should be to develop a set of measures from the government and the banking system aimed at developing relationships with the agricultural sector, increase of budget allocations, efficient use of public funds and attracting foreign loans, lower interest rates for the agricultural sector while keeping the average rate in the economy in general, improving methods of assessing the creditworthiness of borrowers, which would take into account the specific features of the agricultural sector.
Keywords: credit support, financial support, farm credit, preferential credit, government support, leasing loans.
- Hudz’ O.Ye. (2007). Finansovi resursy sil’s’kohospodars’kykh pidpryyemstv [Financial resources of agricultural enterprises]. Kuiv: NNTs IAE, p.578 [in Ukrainian].
- Dengi. Gazeta № 21(311). – 5-8 noiabria 2015. (n.d.). www.dengi.ua Retrieved from http://www.dengi.ua. [in Russian].
- Maznyev H.E. (2014). Problemy finansovoho zabezpechennya innovatsiynoho rozvytku ahrarnoho sektoru [Problems of financial support innovative development of the agricultural sector]. Ekonomika APK – Economy AIC, No9, pp. 5-13 [in Ukrainian].
- Maliy O.H. (2006). Lizynhove kredytuvannya: stan ta perspektyvy dlya ahrarnoyi sfery [Leasing loans: state and prospects for the agricultural sector]. Oblik i finansy APK – Accounting and Finance AIC, No7, pp. 94-103 [in Ukrainian].
- Maliy O.H. (2015). Otsinka finansovoho zabezpechennya ahroformuvan’ [Evaluation of financial security agroformations]. Visnyk kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sil’s’koho hospodarstva: Ekonomichni nauky – Journal of Kharkov National Technical University of Agriculture:
Economic Sciences, Kharkiv: KhNTUSH, No. 161, pp. 227-232 [in Ukrainian].
- Maliy O.H. Finansovo-kredytni vidnosyny v APK [Financial and credit relations in agriculture]. – Kharkiv: KhNTUSH, p.210 [in Ukrainian].
- Materialy ofitsiynoho saytu Ministerstva ahropolityky i prodovol’stva Ukrayiny [Official site of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine]. minagro.gov.ua Retrieved from http://minagro.gov.ua. [in Ukrainian].
- Materialy ofitsiynoho saytu Natsional’noho banku Ukrayiny [Official site of the National Bank of Ukraine]. www.bank.gov.ua Retrieved from http://www.bank.gov.ua. [in Ukrainian].
- Stetsyuk P.A. (2015). Mekhanizmy ta instrumenty finansovo-kredytnoho zabezpechennya ahrarnoho vyrobnytstva [Mechanisms and instruments of financial and credit support agricultural production]. Visnyk kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sil’s’koho hospodarstva: Ekonomichni nauky – Journal of Kharkov National Technical University of Agriculture: Economic Sciences, Kharkiv: KhNTUSH, No. 162, pp. 40-48 [in Ukrainian].
- Cottfried Lischka (2004). Farm Management Challenges in Ukrainian Agriculture/In Stephan von Cramon-Taubadel, Serhiy Demyanenko, Arnim Kbhn «Ukrainian Agriculture: Crisis and Recovery», Shaker Verlag, Aachen, pp. 125-136. [in English].
The article was received 07.03.2016