Introduction. Successful implementation of key socio-economic objectives of the national economy in modern conditions is impossible without ensuring the dynamic and sustainable development of its basic sector – agricultural production. Ukraine’s agriculture has undergone significant structural transformations in recent decades, resulting in the predominant development of the crop sector. At the same time, livestock itself provides more than 20% of the consumption fund, determines the prospects for agricultural development in general and is able to form a strong export potential of the country’s economy.
The purpose of the research is analysis of the modern state of the market of livestock products of Ukraine, identification and assessment of the main trends of its development.
Results. The dynamics of livestock production, the actual level of supply of the population of Ukraine with food of animal origin are analyzed in the article. Livestock products account for about 26% in the structure of modern agricultural production. About 47.5% of the supply of livestock products on the market is provided by public sector enterprises, 2.1% by farms, and 53% by households. The production of pig and poultry meat is characterized by a growth rate while reducing milk production. Actual livestock production in Ukraine today does not provide the necessary indicators of the level of food security of the country’s population. Cost-effective in modern conditions is the production of pig meat and milk.
Strengthening the degree of competition creates the preconditions for the consolidation of domestic agrarian business and the gradual increase in the market share of large agricultural holding structures.
The state financial support is important for livestock production. The main directions of state aid to the industry were: partial compensation for the cost of loans, the cost of purchased animals, reconstruction of farms and special subsidies.
Conclusions. Livestock market in Ukraine is a complex mechanism, the action of which is determined by the set of its main elements (demand, supply, price, competition) and a significant number of market participants. Important for the further development of the livestock products market are: the development of competition, the price mechanism, government support, the realization of the economic interest of each of the sub-relations of market relations.
Keywords: market, livestock products, industry, production, agricultural enterprises, state support.
- Silske gospodarstvo Ukrainy (2018). [Agriculture of Ukraine. 2019]. Derzavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Bashchenko,I. (2017). Tvatynnyctvo Ukrainy: stan, problem, shlyahy rozvytku (1991-2017-2030). [Livestock breeding in Ukraine: camp, problems, development directions (1991-2017-2030)]. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Tendencyi rozvytku galuzi tvarynnyctva ta rynkiv myaso-molochnoi produkcii Ukrainy. [Trends in the development of the livestock industry and meat and dairy markets of Ukraine]. Available at: https://nmcbook.com.ua/Arhiw1/tendrozvtvar/1.htm/
- Zovnishnya torgivlya Ukrainy (2019). [Ukraine’s foreign trade]. Derzavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Krasnoruckyy, O.O., Bogomolova, K.S. (2015). «Assessment of competitive development of target markets for agricultural products». Naukovyi visnyk Hersonskogo derzhavnogo agrarnogo universitetu. no. 14, 48-56.
- Orel,M. (2014). «Assessment of the current state and prospects of development of the regional market of meat and meat products». Ekonomichnyi analiz. no. 18, pp. 70-74.
- Top-10 proizvoditelei myasa v Ukraine. [Top 10 meat producers in Ukraine]. Available at: https://latifundist.com/rating/top-10-proizvoditelej-myasa-v-ukraine
- Top-10 proizvoditelei moloka v Ukraine. [Top 10 milk producers in Ukraine]. Available at: https://www.dairynews.ru/news/top-10-proizvoditeley-moloka-v-ukraine.html?sphrase_id=9228498.
- Derzhavna pidtrymka. Umovy vedennya agrobiznesu. [State support. Conditions of agribusiness]. Ukrainskii klub agrarnogo biznesu. [Ukrainian Club of Agrarian Business]. Available at: https://ucab.ua/ua/doing_agribusiness/umovi_vedennya_agrobiznesu/derzhavna_pidtrimka
- Pro vnesennya zmin do Postanovy Kabinetu Ministrov Ukrainy vid 8 lutogo 2017. [On amendments to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of February 8, 2017]. Postanova Uryadu vid 19 lutogo 2020 no. 77. [Government Resolution of February 19, 2020 № 109 № 77]. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-vnesennya-zmin-do-postanovi-kabinetu-ministriv-ukrayini/
- Paghomec,K. (2005). Organizaciino-ekonomichni osnovy rozvytku molochno-produktovogo pidkompleksu v rynkovych umovah. [Organizational and economic bases of development of dairy subcomplex in market conditions]. Ekonomichna dumka. Ternopil. Ukraine.
- Kryukova,O., Kalyna, T.Ye., Рanteleiev, V. P., Minakova, S. M. (2018). «The export potential of the agrarian sector of Ukraine in a competitive environment». Finansovo-kredytna diyalnist: problemy teorii ta praktyki. no. 3, pp. 196-207.
- Lupenko, O., Pugachov, M.I., Duhnickii, B.V. (2015). Formuvannya globalnogo i regionalnogo rynkiv silskogospodarskoi syrovyny ta prodovolstva. [Formation of global and regional markets for agricultural raw materials and food]. NNTs «IAE». Kyiv. Ukraine.
The article was received 25.03.2020