The article finds that modern business is increasingly facing new challenges, which are accompanied by a lack of sustainable economic development at both micro and macro levels. And this challenge is the coronavirus, which has caused a powerful economic crisis in the world. Each country directly or indirectly experiences the negative impact of the coronavirus on its financial and economic system. There are large companies around the world that have declared themselves bankrupt during the pandemic. It is estimated that the IMF estimates that the world economy will shrink by 3% in 2020 – that is, the worst recession since the Great Depression of the 1930s. The number of bankrupt enterprises in Ukraine in 2020 due to the coronary crisis was also investigated. The article analyzes the dynamics of liquidated bankrupt enterprises in Ukraine for 2012-2020. It was determined that 2015 was the most stressful – the largest number of liquidated bankrupt enterprises. Thus, solvent enterprises remained on the market. The study showed that during the pandemic, the number of liquidated bankrupt enterprises decreased significantly compared to previous periods, Ukrainian business has survived and continues to operate, although experiencing significant financial and economic difficulties.The article lists the areas of economic stimulation under the Economic Incentive Program to overcome the consequences of Соvid-19: “Economic recovery” to overcome the negative effects caused by restrictive measures to prevent the emergence and spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) for 2020-2022, namely: short-term initiatives have been developed in response to COVID-19; measures of the sectorial direction of stimulating the economy and supporting the economy in functional areas are proposed. In addition, the program presents an analysis of the challenges and the Government’s approach to responding to the challenges. It is noted that an effective measure to stabilize the financial condition of the enterprise is to conduct a comprehensive analysis of its activities to determine short-term and long-term prospects.
Keywords: economy, pandemic, economic crisis, bankruptcy, insolvency, corona crisis, enterprise, stabilization.
- Ukraini skorotylysia obsiahy promyslovoho vyrobnytstva – Derzhstat [ In Ukraine, the volume of industrial production decreased – Gosstat]. Available at: https://www.slovoidilo.ua/2021/01/22/novyna/ekonomika/ukrayini-skorotylysya-obsyahy-promyslovoho-vyrobnycztva-derzhstat/.
- Dolbnieva D. V. Vplyv COvid-19 na ekonomiku krain svitu. Svitova ekonomika ta mizhnarodni vidnosyny. [Influence of Covid-19 on the economy of the world. World economy and international relations]. 20-26. Available at: https://www.problecon.com/export_pdf/problems-of-economy-2020-1_0-pages-20_26.pdf.
- Vplyv pandemii COVID-19 na torhivliu ta rozvytok. [Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Trade and Development]. Available at: https://unctad.org/news/global-foreign-direct-investment-falls-49-first-half-2020.
- Кatsenelson, V. Koronavirus vbie ekonomiku? [Кatsenelson, V. Coronavirus to kill Economy?]. Available at: https://nv.ua/ukr/opinion/koronavirus-novini-yak-epidemiya-vpline-na-ekonomiku-kitayu-i-ssha-50074292.html/.
- Koronavirus VS biznes: polovyna pidpryiemtsiv protrymaietsia na karantynine bilshe misiatsia [Coronavirus VS business: half of entrepreneurs will remain in quarantine for no more than a month]. Available at: https://www.epravda.com.ua/publications/2020/04/2/658857/.
- Kuk O. Bankrutstvo u tsyfrakh: shcho strashnishe za korona kryzu. [Kuk Olena Bankruptcy in numbers: what’s worse than the crown crisis.]. Available at: https://economy.24tv.ua/bankrutstvo-tsifrah-shho-strashnishe-ekonomichni-novini-ukrayini_n1417185.
- Morkovnyk Khrystyna. Huchni bankrutstva 2020: yaki kompanii vyletily v trubu, yaki — vybralysia z borhovoi yamy. Ekskliuzyv. Kompanii ta rynky. [Morkovnyk Loud bankruptcies in 2020: which companies flew into the chimney, which – got out of the debt pit. Exclusive. Companies and markets]. Available at: https://thepage.ua/ua/exclusive/yaki-kompaniyi-viletili-v-trubu-yaki-vibralisya-z-borgovoyi-yami.
- Statystyka ta ekspertni dumky pro svit do i pislia COVID-19. [Statistics and expert opinions on the world before and after COVID-19]. Available at: https://library.sumdu.edu.ua/uk/novyny/897-of-ts-jna-statistika-ta-ekspertn-dumki-pro-sv-t-do-p-slya-covid-19.html.
- Stsenarii vykhodu z kryzy. Yak mozhe rozvyvatysia ekonomika Ukrainy pislia karantynu. [Scenarios for overcoming the crisis. How can Ukraine’s economy develop after quarantine]. Available at: https://www.radiosvoboda.org/a/30568531.html.
- Prohrama stymuliuvannia ekonomiky dlia podolannia naslidkiv Sovid-19: «Ekonomichne vidnovlennia». [Economic Stimulus Program to Overcome the Consequences of David-19: “Economic Recovery”]. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/1/18.
The article was received 15.09.2020