This article analyzes the impact of environmental safety on the level of development of economic systems, ensuring their sustainability and stable development. These interdependencies are described in view of the need to improve the administration system and increase the level of public well-being, as exemplified by the spread of the Covid-19 virus in the world. The description of the categories “economic sustainability” and “sustainable development” has been made in the context of environmental safety. Sustainable development has been proven to be a general concept regarding the need to strike a balance between meeting the modern needs of humanity and protecting the interests of future generations, including their need for a safe and healthy environment. It has been argued that environmental safety is one of the priority principles for the sustainable development of all countries of the world, which implies the introduction of a model that can meet the needs of today’s and future generations. The principles of ecological safety formation are considered. Priority directions of sustainable development are defined on the basis of forming the concept of ensuring environmental safety. The classification of introduction problems of ecologically balanced system of nature management and conservation of natural ecosystems is made. It is established that the aim of the process of guaranteeing ecological safety in the territory of Ukraine under the conditions of globalization, in the near future, is to stabilize and improve the state of the environment of Ukraine by integrating the ecological policy into socio-economic development to guarantee an ecologically safe natural environment for the life and health of the population, the introduction of an environmentally balanced management system and conservation of natural ecosystems. The directions of ecological policy for Ukraine in the conditions of globalization transformations are developed, which consist in interaction of international community and domestic; ignoring the environmental component of political programs; the cost of implementing eco-programs for the state and society. The influence of socio-ecological-economic development and place of technological progress are investigated in the context of preservation of sustainable standards of life, traditional cultural values, environment.
Keywords: economic sustainability, safety, sustainable development, environmental safety.
- Shmandiy, V.M., Shmandiy, O.V. (2008). «Environmental security is one of the main components of national security of the state». Ecological safety, vol. 1, pp. 9-15.
- Bichenok, M.M., Trofimchuk, O.M. (2002). Problemi prirodno-tahnogennoy bezpeki v Ukraine. [Problems of natural-technogenic safety in Ukraine]. UINSiR. Kyiv.
- Kachinskyi, A.B. (2001). Ecologichna bezpeka Ukraini: sistemniy analiz perspektivi pokrachennia. [Ukraine’s environmental safety: a systematic analysis of the prospects for improvement]. NISD. Kyiv.
- World Health Organization (2020). «Coronavirus disease 2019 (Situation Report-51). World Health Organization». Аvaible at: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200311-sitrep-51-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=1ba62e57_4
- Statista (2020). «Europe Matches Asian Giants In Air Pollution Deaths». Аvaible at: https://www.statista.com/chart/4801/europe-matches-asian-giants-in-air-pollution-deaths/.
- Isaifan, R. (2020). «The dramatic impact of Coronavirus outbreak on air quality: Has it saved as much as it has killed so far?». Global Journal of Environmental Science and Management. 6(3), pp. 275-288.
- Kozlovskyi, S. V. (2010). Upravlinnia suchasnymy ekonomichnymy systemamy, ikh rozvytkom ta stijkistiu. [Management of modern economic systems, their development and stability]. Merk’iuri-Podillia. Vinnytsia. Ukr.
- Kozlovskyi,V. (2017). Zabezpechinnia stiykosti ta rozvitku suchasnih economichnih system. [Ensuring sustainability and development of modern economic systems]. TOV «Nilan-LTD». Vinnitsa. Ukraine.
- Nazarova, I. S. (1978). Slovnyk ukrains’koi movy. Naukova dumka. Ukraine.
- Butlin, J. (1987). Our common future. By World commission on environment and development. Oxford University Press. London.
- Kaletnik, H.M., Kozak, K.V. (2016). «Green Business – Perspectives on Entrepreneurship». Finances. Management: topical issues of science and practice. vol. 12, p. 36.
- Vagasi, M. (2004). «Integration of the sustainability concept into strategy and marketing». Periodica Polytechnica Ser. Soc. Man. Sci. 48(2), pp. 245-260.
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro Osnovni zasady (stratehiiu) derzhavnoi ekolohichnoi polityky Ukrainy na period do 2020 roku». [Law of Ukraine «On Fundamental Principles (Strategy) of the State Environmental Policy of Ukraine for the Period up to 2020»]. Available at: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2818-17
- Malish, N.A. (2009). «Environmental policy: conflict, strategy, tactics». Public administration: theory and practice. 2(10), pp. 1-9.
- Hvesik, M.A., Stepanenko, A.V., Obihod, G.O. (2013). Innovaciyno-investeciyna i tehnologichna bezpeka transformacii rigionalnih economichnih system. [Innovation-investment and technological security of transformation of regional economic systems]. Naukova dumka. Kyiv.
- Koziuk, V., Hayda, Y., Dluhopolskyi, O, Kozlovskyi, S. (2020). «Ecological performance: ethnic fragmentation versus governance quality and sustainable development». Problemy ekorozwoju – Problems of sustainable development, vol. 15(1), pp. 53-64.
The article was received 20.03.2020