Introduction. Graphic, coloristic, plastic, linguistic, compositional means are called to create and provide aesthetics of advertising production according to the form and the maintenance. Recently, advertising has flourished, in which extravagant ads aim to be remembered at any cost. However, the associations and images that result from viewing advertising sometimes outweigh the product itself, and such advertising does not always achieve a commercial goal.
The purpose of the article is to analyze the style of advertising graphics depending on the cultural and artistic processes in Ukraine and the world, changes in the aesthetic tastes of society.
Results. The paper shows the influence of artistic styles on advertising and the genesis of advertising graphics as a form of socio-cultural communication. Also, important factors of stylistics development of advertising graphics are revealed: depending on the leading stylistic currents in culture of certain periods visual means of advertising changed. Generalization, systematization and classification of empirical material of advertising appeals of the XVIII – beginning of the XXI century. allowed us to conclude that advertising significantly borrowed stylistic features of fine and decorative arts. The national vector and artistic features of art in Ukraine manifested themselves in such nationally oriented styles as Ukrainian Baroque, Ukrainian Art Nouveau, Ukrainian avant-garde, combining world trends and ethno-artistic traditions. Ethnocultural factors in advertising have come a long way from complete leveling during the Soviet era to the conscious involvement of the deep values of traditional art in artistic design in the early XXI century.
Conclusions. Based on the stylistic analysis of ethno-artistic traditions influence on the development of advertising, it was concluded that there is a significant gap in the research of other scholars considering the influence of decorative art on the development of color graphics and ornamentation in advertising graphics. The use of geometric stylized motifs in the context of Ukrainian color traditions is possible and necessary in modern advertising not only to identify the Ukrainian state in the world socio-cultural space, but mainly to increase national identity, preserve and enrich our own culture.
Keywords: advertising graphics, visual communications, digital stylistics of advertising graphics, ethnoartistic traditions, advertising design.
- Prishenko, S. (2010). Teoriia ta metodolohiia dyzajnu. [Design theory and methodology]. Al’terpres. Kyiv. Ukrainе.
- Bitaev, V. (1999). «Aesthetic nature of the Ukrainian mentality: socio-cultural aspect». Visnyk DAKKKiM. No. 3. Pp. 9-14.
- Shpengler, O. (1998). Zakat Evropy. Ocherky morfolohyy myrovoj ystoryy:v 2h tomah [Sunset of Europe. Essays on the morpholonia of world history in 2 volumes]. Mysl’. Moscow. Russia.
- Beregova, O. (2009). Kul’tura ta komunikatsiia: dyskursy kul’turotvorennia v Ukraini v ХХI st. [Culture and communication: discourses of cultural creation in Ukraine in the XXI century]. Inst. kul’turolohii NAMU. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Glazichev, V. (2003). 20th century avant-garde – shifts in estimates. Trudy MArhI. Vol. pp. 159-163.
- Visual Arts Glossary. The Museum of Modern Art. Веб-сайт. Available at: www.moma.org.
- Sapen’ko, R. (2005). Iskusstvo reklamy v sovremennoj kul’ture. [The art of advertising in modern culture]. Tipografija «Kljaksa». Kiev. Ukraine.
- Puchkov, A. (2018). «Classical life and the modern notion of “style” in art history». Khudozhnia kul’tura i mystets’ka osvita: tradytsii i suchasnist’. [Art culture and art education: traditions and modernity]. Proceeding of the Materials of VII International Scientific and Creative Conference. NAKKIV. Kiev. pp. 57-60.
The article was received 06.09.2020