The purpose of the study is to analyze the theoretical and applied aspects of the relationship between the structural parameters of agricultural businesses and the efficiency of resource potential. The evolution of the concept of concentration is revealed taking into account the understanding of subjective – objective aspects of the genesis of the process and the nature of the influence on the market structure. The connection of production efficiency with such a feature as the size of the enterprise is considered on the basis of data from the State Statistics Service of Ukraine. In crop production, the segment of growing cereals and legumes was analyzed, the yield and gross production volume were chosen as an indicator of effectiveness. The study of the current structure of production by the criterion of scale in animal husbandry (cattle, cows, pigs, sheep and goats, poultry) was conducted on the basis of analysis of livestock of a particular species per enterprise and the volume of livestock production of a particular species. The working hypothesis is formulated, the essence of which is to recognize the greatest potential of the processes of vertical integration in solving the problem of improving the efficiency of the resource potential of agricultural enterprises. It is proved that vertically integrated structures achieve competitive advantages due to the harmonization of the movement of material flow within the logistics processes; optimization of sales channels of finished products based on the development of effective sales schemes; consolidation and expansion of income sources of production means by inclusion of raw material zones in structure of production process; formation and rational use of investment funds. This conclusion was obtained by analyzing public data on the activities of the largest by the land bank of agricultural holdings of Ukraine, belonging to the group of agro-industrial and commercial enterprises and combining production, industrial processing, marketing to the final consumer. The directions of state regulatory influence application are offered in the strategic purpose realization of harmonization of structural parameters of achievement of resource potential effective use of agrarian sphere.
Keywords: agribusiness entities, resource potential, capital concentration, capital centralization, vertical integration, agroholdings.
- Bolshoy ekonomicheskiy slovar. (2004). [Comprehensive Dictionary of Economics]. In Azriliyana, A. N. Institut novoy ekonomiki. Moscow. Russia.
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. [Government service of statistics of Ukraine]. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/menu/menu_u/cg.htm
- Krasnorutskyi, O. O. Kontsentratsiia kapitalu subiektiv vnutrishnoho rynku silskohospodarskoi produktsii yak faktor rozvytku innovatsiinykh protsesiv. [Concentration of capital of subjects of internal market of agricultural produce as factor of development of innovative processes]. Available at: http://vlp.com.ua/files/24_25.pdf
- Artemenko, I. S. (2016). «Teoretyko-metodychni osnovy kontsentratsii vyrobnytstva na pidpryiemstvakh ahropromyslovoho kompleksu». Naukovi zapysky Natsionalnoho universytetu «Ostrozka akademiia», seriia «Ekonomika». Issue 1(29), pp. 23 – 28.
- Dankevych, Ye., Dankevych, V. (2016). «Perevahy i ryzyky nadkontsentratsii ahropromyslovoho vyrobnytstva ta zemelnykh resursiv: ekonomichnyi, ekolohichnyi ta sotsialnyi aspekt». Agricultural and Resource Economics: International Scientific (E-Journal). Issue 2. 3, pp. 60-74.
- Top 100 latifundists of Ukraine. Available at: https://latifundist.com/rating/top100#308
- Top-10 krupnejshih latifundistov v Ukraine. [Top 10 largest landowners in Ukraine]. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKDYXBV_47E
- Agricultural holdings of Ukraine. Available at: https://tripoli.land/agrokholdingi-ukrainy
The article was received 20.08.2020