Introduction. In the conditions of intensifying competition, trade enterprises must be guided by new approaches in management, in particular, to maintain a stable position in the market through the development and implementation of brand strategy. The growth of supply of goods and services in the market complicates the process of consumer choice, so the brand provides the necessary level of customer loyalty to the goods and products of the trading company.
The purpose of scientific research is to substantiate the theoretical aspects of the formation of brand architecture in the process of strategic planning of the trading company.
Results. The concepts of “brand” and “strategy” are outlined. The role of brand strategy and its influence in the development and operation of a commercial enterprise are described. The essence of strategic marketing of the enterprise is revealed. The technology of brand strategy formation is substantiated. The process of creating a long-term advantage of the target audience for the brand’s products is described. The conditions for successful product positioning are defined. Factors influencing consumer commitment to the company’s brand are outlined. The priority role of innovations and technologies in the process of reorientation of modern business to brand competition is proved. The expediency of using branding technologies is substantiated. The concept of “brand architecture” is described. The sequence of formation of brand architecture is revealed. The advantages of forming a brand architecture for a commercial enterprise are given. The basic scenarios of brand portfolio formation are given.
Conclusions. The brand plays an important role in the strategic development of a commercial enterprise. Its formation should be carried out in accordance with the system of strategic planning of the enterprise. Brand architecture is an important element of brand management and helps maintain the competitiveness of the trading company in the market.
Key words: brand management, brand architecture, brand, trade enterprise, strategic management, strategic planning.
- 1. Aaker, D. A. (2003). Stvorennya sy`l`ny`x brendiv. [Creating strong brands]. Grebenny`kova. Moscow.
- Gonchar, O. I. (2016). «Branding as a tool to ensure the effectiveness of economic activity of a modern enterprise». Visny`k Xersons`kogo nacional`nogo texnichnogo universy`tetu, no. 4 (3). pp. 53-56.
- Granat, L. (2017). «Branding technologies for managing the reputation of online stores». Visny`k KNTEU, no. 5. pp. 96–104.
- Nazajkin, O. Brendy`ng. [Branding]. Available at: http://www.nazaykin.br_branding.htm.
- Parfenchuk, I. O. (2016). «Brand-oriented management of the competitiveness of economic entities». Global`ni ta nacional`ni problemy` ekonomiky`. Issue 11. pp. 182–185.
- Struty`ns`ka, I. V. (2015). Brend-menedzhment. [Brand Management]. Print-ofis. Ternopil. Ukraine.
- Stupak, I. O. Metodologiya formuvannya brendu. [Methodology of brand formation]. Available at: http://ena.lp.edu.ua/bitstream/ntb/13866/1/38_247-251_Vis_720_Menegment.pdf.
- Cherny`shova, L.O. (2018). «Branding in the competitiveness management system of an international company». Global`ni ta nacional`ni problemy` ekonomiky`. Issue 23. pp. 51–55.
The article was received 05.03.2020