Introduction. The most important task of marketing logistics in agribusiness is to create efficient supply chains of agricultural products and manage them. To cope with this task, it is necessary to analyze the existing relationships between producers, intermediaries and consumers of commodities and outline ways to improve them. Under the conditions of an active market, certain contradictions objectively arise between the supply chain participants. These contradictions hinder the win-win relations development and slow down the integration process. The resolution is only possible by correctly defining the goals of all participating entities, taking into account the interests and preferences of end users.
The purpose of the study is to identify priority issues of goal setting from the perspective of implementing a cross-functional marketing logistics approach in the management system of agribusiness entities, taking into account the peculiarities of these entities’ internal and external environment.
Results. In this study, according to the goals set, an analysis of the internal and external environments of agribusiness entities is carried out from the perspective of an integrative cross-functional approach to their marketing and logistics competencies fulfillment. The relevance of integrating the methodological foundations of marketing and logistics into the agricultural companies’ management system is substantiated. The common ground for logistics and marketing strategies of companies are presented. Also, their relation to the overall management strategy at the highest level of decision-making and to the corresponding tactical and operational levels was introduced. The main business processes performed in the framework of implementing food supply chain participants’ logistics and marketing strategies is analyzed. The conditions for managing material flows and marketing in agriculture were also studied separately. The possibilities of the two studied concepts’ joint implementation are identified, and the advantages of such interaction obtained by agribusiness entities are described.
Conclusions. It was defined that cross-functional integration can generate positive impacts with regard to both demand management (increasing customer satisfaction, etc.) and supply management (avoiding delivery delays, etc.). Both management concepts (marketing and logistics) define the company’s overall strategy in the supply and distribution markets. In this regard, on the one hand, customer satisfaction is achieved through coordinated marketing measures for the product, price, promotion and distribution, offering the customer temporal and spatial benefits (in large part gaining effectiveness). On the other hand, the company’s gain of an acceptable profit over a long period of time is determined by reducing overall logistics costs (in large part gaining efficiency). The mechanism of implementing a strategic marketing system in the food supply chains with regard to a logistic strategy requires further research.
Key words: strategic management, marketing, logistics, agribusiness, business processes.
- Krykavs‘kyj, Ye. V., Pytuliak, N. S., Sokil, Yu. R. (2014). «Compatibility of marketing and logistics at agricultural enterprises in Ukraine». Naukovyj visnyk LNUVMBT imeni S.Z. Hzhyts‘koho, vol. 1(58), pp. 263-270.
- Pulidindi, G., Aswini, P. (2019). Mediation role of supply chain management strategy: an empirical analysis. Market Orientation and Supply Chain Performance, vol 1, pp. 160-178.
- Kotzab, H., Darkow, I., Baumler, I., Georgi, C. (2019). Coordination, cooperation and collaboration in logistics and supply chains: a bibliometric analysis. Production, 29. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/334526739-Coordination_cooperation_and-collaboration_in_logistics_and_supply_chains_a-bibliometric_analysis.
- Stock, G. N., Greis, N. P., Kasarda, J. D. (1998). Logistics, strategy and structure: a conceptual framework. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 18, no. 1, pp. 39-56.
- Mentzer J. T., Kahn K. (1995). A framework for logistics research. Journal of Business logistics, 16, no.2, pp. 231-250.
- Croxton, K. L., Garcia-Dastugue, S. J., Lambert, D. M. (2001). The supply chain management processes. The International Journal of Logistics Management, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 17-31.
- Lambert, D. M. (2014). Supply Chain Management: Processes, Partnership, Performance. Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.: Supply Chain Management Institute.
- Hutorov, O. I., Prozorova, N. V., Prozorov, R. H. (2013). Formuvannia lohistychnykh system v sil’s’komu hospodarstvi [Formation of logistics systems in agriculture]. Tsyfrova drukarnia № 1. Kharkiv.
- Nakis’ko, V., Danylenko, V. V. (2017). «Theoretical generalization of the features of agricultural products sales management». Visnyk Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sil’s’koho hospodarstva imeni Petra Vasylenka, vol. 188, pp. 128-138.
- Borodina, A. (2016). «Integration of logistics and marketing to form the innovative potential of the economy». Reporter of the Priazovskyi State Technical University, vol. 1, no. 31, 77-84.
- Tiurina, M. (2011). «Marketing is a logistics concept of enterprise management». Visnyk Khmel’nyts’koho natsional’noho universytetu, vol. 2, pp. 43-46.
- Butenko, V., Rybalka, N. O., Larina, T. F. (2020). «Formation of the relationship between marketing and logistics in business activities». Visnyk KhNTUSH, pp. 132-133.
- Guoge, Q., Danylenko, V. (2020). Estimation of active roles of agricultural economic agents in the food distribution. International Journal of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences Studies, 5(3), pp. 49-57.
- Hirzheva, O. M., Birchenko, N. O. (2017). «Strategic tools for risk management of agricultural enterprises». Visnyk Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sil’s’koho hospodarstva imeni Petra Vasylenka, vol. 185, pp. 115-123.
- Velychko, P. (2008). Lohistyka v systemi menedzhmentu pidpryiemstv ahrarnoho sektora ekonomiky. [Logistics in the management system of enterprises of the agricultural sector of the economy]. Aktsent PP. Dnipropetrovs’k. Ukraine.
- Krasnoruts’kyj, O., Onehina V. M. (2013). «Theoretical significance of the product distribution category for research on the functioning of the agricultural market». Visnyk Sums’koho natsional’noho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomika i menedzhment, vol. 4, pp. 3-9.
- Fursa, V., Larina, T., Danylenko, V. (2020). «Multi-channel trade influence in the logistics research context». Sotsial’na ekonomika, 60, pp. 68-76.
- Casanovas, A., Cuatrecasas, L. (2003) Business logistics. Barcelona: Ed. Gestion.
- Vyshnevs’ka, O. M., Dvojnisiuk, T. V., Shyhyda, S. V. (2015). «Features of logistics systems of agricultural enterprises». Hlobal’ni ta natsional’ni problemy ekonomiky, vol. 7, pp. 106-109.
- Shumkova, V. Vykorystannia ahrolohistyky iak instrumentu marketynhovoi diial’nosti u sferi APK [Using agrologistics as a tool for marketing activities in the agricultural sector]. Available at: http://repo.snau.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/4912/1/%D0%A8%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%20%D0%9E.%20%D0%92.%20%D0%92%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8F%20%D0%B0%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%96%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8.pdf.
- Rozhko, Ya. (2020). «Features of the concept of marketing and logistics in the functioning of vegetable and fruit market entities». Ekonomika ta derzhava, vol. 4, pp. 141-145.
- Krykavs’kyj, V., Yakymyshyn, L. Ya. (2018). «Complementarity of marketing and logistics strategies in the supply chain of everyday goods». Marketynh i tsyfrovi tekhnolohii, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 21-32.
The article was received 20.12.2020