The state of innovation activity in Ukraine is complex and requires serious attention. Although the government of Ukraine has taken some steps to support innovation and attract investment to this sector, most efforts need to be focused on improving the innovation ecosystem and developing national technology companies. It has been identified that one of the main challenges is the lack of sufficient funding for innovative projects, which limits the ability of companies and startups to introduce new technologies and products to the market. The intellectual property system in Ukraine has also been discussed, as it requires reform since the low level of protection of intellectual property rights reduces investor interest in developing new products. It has been noted that the innovativeness of Ukrainian companies and startups is not low, and many of them demonstrate high-quality products and services. However, their potential cannot be fully realized due to limited resources and insufficient support from the government. It has been emphasized that Ukraine has the potential to become one of the leading innovation centers in the world, as it has significant human and natural resources and already has some successful examples in the field of innovation. To improve the situation, a systemic policy aimed at increasing investment in innovative projects, supporting small and medium-sized innovative enterprises, improving the quality of research, and creating favorable conditions for attracting talented scientists and entrepreneurs to implement their creative projects in Ukraine has been proposed. This requires serious efforts from both the government and the private sector but can lead to significant economic growth and increased competitiveness of Ukraine in the global market.
Keywords: innovations, investments, science, scientific activity, and enterprises.
- Ministry of Education and Science Cooperation with International Organizations. URL: https://mon.gov.ua/ua/ministerstvo/diyalnist/mizhnarodna-dilnist/spivpracya-z-mizhnarodnimi-organizaciyami
- UNESCO Chairs. URL: https://unesco.mfa.gov.ua/spivrobitnictvo/kafedri-yunesko
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. URL: https://www.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Salnikova, O., Lagodiienko, V., Ivanchenkova, L., Kopytko, V., Kulak, N., Usachenko, O. (2019). Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Implementation Blockchain Technology in Public Administration. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-8 Issue-9, July. DOI:10.35940/ijitee.I8531.078919
- Sadchenko, О., Lagodiienko, V., Novykova, I., Feshchenko, O., Ruzhynska, N., Bogdanov, O. (2020). Marketing Tools in Stimulating Innovative Activity of Enterprises. International Journal of Management, 11 (6), , pp. 241-251. http://www.iaeme.com/IJM/issues.asp?JType=IJM&VType=11&IType=6
- Baharun, R., Jing Mi, T., Streimikiene, D., Mardani, A., Shakeel, J., & Nitsenko, V. Innovation in healthcare performance among private brand’s healthcare services in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, 2019. 16(5), 151-172. https://doi.org/10.12700/APH.16.5.2019.5.9.
- Shkarlet, S., Prokopenko, V. Methodology Of Managerial Innovations In Governmental Management. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 2020. 29(8s), 2538 – 2543.
- Vlasenko, T. (2020). «Development directions of innovative infrastructure of agrarian business entities». Ukrains’kyj zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky. 2020. № 2. S. 303–310. https://doi.org/10.36887/2415-8453-2020-2-36
The article was received 10.05.2021