Introduction. The widespread use of logistics in the practice of economic activity is explained by the need to reduce the time intervals between the purchase of raw materials and the supply of goods to the final consumer. The development of sales policy of the enterprise becomes more relevant, and the presence of logistics intermediaries, performing various functions, becomes a necessary condition for the sale of products.
The main purpose of any commercial enterprise is to make a profit. And every manager strives to get the most out of his business – high profits, low costs, the maximum number of regular customers, which is constantly growing, a large market share, etc. It is difficult to achieve such an ideal combination of indicators, but it is quite possible to get closer to such an ideal with the help of a rational system of management of all processes in the organization. One of the ways to increase the efficiency of the enterprise is the management of distribution channels.
The relevance of this topic is determined by the current sales policy aimed at effective management of distribution channels. Most manufacturers offer their products to the market through intermediaries. Each of them seeks to form its own distribution channel. Such a channel is a collection of companies or individuals that take over or help transfer ownership of particular goods (service) on their way from the producer to the consumer. But not all manufacturers are able to involve in the distribution channel of those logistics intermediaries that suit them in their activities. Many people have to make great efforts to find the intermediaries they need and to organize an effective sales channel. That is why it is necessary to know the main types of logistics intermediaries and the importance of each of them in the distribution channel.
Within the framework of logistics, the problem of civilized, economically justified mediation is considered. In general, the services of an intermediary are in demand if their cost is lower than the own costs of performing similar work offered by the intermediary. Thus, the question of who needs to perform the various functions of the distribution channel is a question of relative efficiency. With the advent of the ability to more effectively perform the functions of the channel is rebuilt.
However, when forming logistics channels, it should be remembered that the involvement of intermediaries, as a rule, prolongs the logistics chain.
Relevance of research. At the present stage of economic development of Ukraine, the market determines the conditions for repositioning companies in accordance with the needs of consumers. Today, products on the market are oversaturated, so every manufacturer is forced to fight for every consumer. The most important issue is the formation of an effective distribution system based on fierce competition and variable consumer demand to ensure the availability of goods and the continuity of the supply process. Unfortunately, the distribution system of domestic enterprises is still under development and cannot fully guarantee compliance of product distribution with current market trends. To solve this problem, it is advisable to learn from the experience of developed countries in the process of transforming sales channels. In order to sell goods and services, companies must combine the desires of consumers with their own capabilities to maximize profits.
The purpose of the study is to consider distribution channels, their types, conditions of their choice, formation, transformation into sales logistics chains taking into account the functional activity of logistics chain entities in order to optimize the promotion of material flows from the enterprise to consumers and increase the efficiency of sales activities.
Key words: distribution channel, logistics, distribution logistics, logistics channel.
- Tiurina, N.M., Hoj, I.V., Babij, I.V. (2015). Lohistyka. [Logistics]. Tsentr uchbovoi literatury. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Krykavs’kyj, Ye., Pokhyl’chenko, O., Fertch, M. (2017). Lohistyka ta upravlinnia lantsiuhamy postavok. [Logistics and supply chain management]. Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Pokhyl’chenko, O.A. (2014). Ekonomika lohistyky. [Economics of logistics]. Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Zhars’ka, I.O. (2019). Lohistyka. [Logistics]. Odessa National University of Economics. Odessa. Ukraine.
- Kal’chenko, A.H. Lohistyka. [Logistics]. Website. Available at: https://studentbooks.com.ua/content/view/126/76/1/42/
- Kononenko, A.V., Romanenkov, Yu.O., Hatylo, V.P. (2019). Lohistyka navchal’nyj posibnyk do vykonannia praktychnykh robit. [Logistics: a textbook for practical work]. National Aerospace University. ME Zhukovsky. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Reznik, N.P. (2021). Lohistyka: navchal’nyj posibnyk. [Logistics: a textbook]. National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Lecture. Functioning of logistics distribution channels Website. Available at: https://life-prog.ru/ukr/1_2844_lektsiya–funktsionuvannya-logistichnih-kanaliv-rozpodilu.html
The article was received 15.03.2021