International payment systems are developing rapidly under the influence of technological innovations. The technology of the distributed register of Blockchain has begun a new direction in the implementation of international payments – cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency fluctuations are characterized by high variability in technological, technical and economic characteristics, which complicates the analysis of their utility for society. The article is devoted to the consideration of risks for economic security from the use of payment systems based on the Blockchain, using the hierarchy of economic security from micro to mega-level. The internal risks inherent in cryptographic currencies are indicated, and it is indicated on the prospect of specificity of risks separately for centralized, distributed and decentralized cryptographic currencies.
Key words: cryptocurrency, Blockchain, economic security, payment systems, mining, risks, distributed ledger.
- Bauer, (2017). Discussion Paper on distributed ledger technology. Financial Conduct Authority. London, April.
- Tokar, V. (2013). «Evolution of scientific views on the hierarchy of economic security». Formuvannia rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukraini. 142. 3. pp. 12–17.
- Vartsaba, and MostipakaO. (2017). «Alternative monetary systems in the context of national economy management» Problemy ekonomiky. 2017. no. 4. pp. 351–362.
- Narayanan, (2016). Bitcoin and cryptocurrency technologies: A comprehensive introduction. Princeton University Press. Princeton. USA.
- Chapman, J. (2015). MATLAB programming for engineers. Cengage Learning. Australia.
- Laster, (2016). Professional git. John Wiley and Sons. Indianapolis IN. USA.
- Boiko,О. (2018). «Analysis of technological innovations in the system of international calculations of cryptography». Innovatsijna ekonomika. no. 75. 5-6. pp. 143–153.
- Boiko, G. (2018). «Expansion of the cryptographic currency into the system of international payments under the influence of Blokcain technology: evidence and reasons». Global`ni ta nacional`ni problemy` ekonomiky`. no. 22. pp. 31–38.
- Bojko, (2018). Mozhly`vosti ta ry`zy`ky` pry` vy`kory`stanni kry`ptografichnoyi valyuty`. [Opportunities and risks when using cryptographic currency]. Cy`frova ekonomika: trendy` ta perspekty`vy`. [Digital Economy: Trends and Prospects]. In Osadcza, Yu. V. Ed. Ternopil`, 25/10/2018. S. 44–47.
- Boiko, (2016). «Expansion of the cryptographic currency into the system of international payments.» Visnyk VIEM. no. 16. pp. 28–38.
- Sikorski, J., Haughton, J. and Kraft, M. (2017). «Blockchain technology in the chemical industry: Machine-to-machine electricity market». Applied Energy. no. 195. С. 234–246.
- Wikipedia contributors. List of Bitcoin forks, 21.11. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_bitcoin_forks&oldid=860559039.
The article was received 15.09.2018