The research results of the category “professional buyers” as part of the market environment of wholesale traders are presented in the article. A set of general and special scientific methods based on objective economy laws were used during of the research. Methods of theoretical generalization, analysis and synthesis were used to study the theoretical aspects of the wholesale traders’ competitive environment. Different economic-statistical methods during the survey of catering establishments’ representatives and data processing were used. The abstract-logical method was exploiting to the synthesis of research results, formulation of conclusions and proposals. The main types of buyers in the wholesale and retail food markets are considered. The category “professional buyer” is defined. Key trends related with the implementation of effective measures for the interaction between wholesale traders and professional buyers are analyzed.
The stages and motives of making decisions about food purchasing by professional buyers are explored. In order to identify the frequency of purchasing by professional buyers, as well as their requirements regarding the quality and range of products, terms of delivery, availability of discounts the poll of them was conducted.
Key words: competition, competitive strategies, wholesale traders, professional buyers, sales.
- Azoiev, G. L. (1996). Konkurenciya : analiz, strategiya i praktika [Competition: analysis, strategy and practice]. Centr ekonomiki i marketinga. Moscow. Russia.
- Ansoff, I. (1989). Strategicheskoye upravleniye [Strategic management]. Ekonomika. Moscow. Russia.
- Lamben, J.-J. (1996). Strategic marketing. European perspective. [Strategicheskij marketing. Evropejskaja perspektiva]. Nauka. Petersburg. Russia.
- Porter, M. E. (2005). Konkurentnaya strategiya : metodika analiza otraslei i konkurentov [The competitive strategy : Analyzing Industries and Competitors]. Al’pina Business Books. Moscow. Russia.
- Gierszewska, (1998). Analiza strategiczna przedsiebiorstwa [Strategic analysis of the company]. Warszawa. Varshava. Poland.
- Apopij, V. V., Mishhuk, I. P. and Reby`cz`ky`j,M. (2005). Organizaciya torgivli. [Organizatsiya of trade] / in Apopiya, V. V., 2nd ed. Centr navchal`noyi literatury`. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Didkivs’ka,I. (2009), «Curent development of the consumer goods market competitive environment in Ukraine». Bankivs’ka sprava, vol. 2, pp. 48-66.
- Mazaraki,A., Ligonenko, L. O., Ushakova, N. M. (1999). Economika torgivel’nogo pidpryiemstva [Economy of the trading enterprise]. Khreshchatyk. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Lysak,G. (2013). «Wholesale in Ukraine: regional peculiarities of development». Naukovyi visnyk PUET (Ekonomichni nauky). vol. 5, pp. 131-134, available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nvpusk_2013_5_24
- Shubravska, O. V. and Ryndenko,A. (2012). «Wholesale markets for agricultural products: European experience and Ukrainian perspectives». Economy of Ukraine, vol. 8-9, pp. 77-85.
- About company «METRO Cash & Carry Ukraine» [Online], available at: https://www.metro.ua/about-metro (in Ukrainian)
- Retail and wholesale trade. Terms and definitions. (2005) DSTU 4303: 2004. State standard of consumption Ukraine.. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Bazylevych, V. (2003). «Formation of competitive environment in transitive economy: problems, trends and contradictions». Visnyk AMK, vol. 2, pp.24 – 28.
- Torgivlia L’vivs’koi oblasti u 2016 roci (2017) [The trade at Lviv region in 2016]. Lviv. Ukraine.
The article was received 09.09.2018