Khvostikov A. Methodical approach to determining the development level of international trade and economic relations in the agricultural sector.
Introduction. To ensure the effectiveness of the country’s foreign economic policy, it is necessary to form an effective system of international trade and economic relations (ITER). The priority of the development of the agricultural sector in Ukraine necessitates the determination of the peculiarities of these relations in this area. To create the appropriate management tools, it is necessary to develop the methodological approach to determine the development level of this area.
The purpose of the study is to determine the content and sequence of implementation of the methodological approach to determine the development level of international economic relations in the agricultural sector.
Results. The paper presents a sequence of the developed methodical approach, which includes 5 stages, where each is characterized by the use of many methods and obtaining the corresponding results. At the first stage, which involves the analysis of existing approaches, it is proposed to use traditional methods of analysis, synthesis, induction, deduction and systematization. At the second stage of substantiation of the set of indicators of the analysis it is offered to use methods of comparison and generalization. In the third stage, which includes checking the sample for the normal distribution law, it’s proposed to use the graphical method. The fourth stage involves the calculation of the integrated indicator of the development of ITER by forms, which is implemented using taxonomic analysis. The fifth stage involves the substantiation of the patterns of development of ITER in the agricultural sector, which is implemented using an analytical method. The generalization of methods of multidimensional statistical analysis for the study of international trade and economic relations has been done with the definition of their advantages and disadvantages. The indicators to be used for evaluation are considered. The classification of indicators into stimulants, destimulants and nominators is considered.
- Rassekh, F. (2004). The interplay of international trade, economic growth and income convergence: a brief intellectual history of recent developments. The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development. № 13:4. рр. 371–395.
- Jouini, J. (2015). Linkage between international trade and economic growth in GCC countries: Empirical evidence from PMG estimation approach. The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development. № 24:3. рр. 341–372.
- Reyes, J., Schiavo, S. & Fagiolo, G. (2010). Using complex networks analysis to assess the evolution of international economic integration: The cases of East Asia and Latin America. The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development. № 19:2. рр. 215–239.
- Hlobalizatsiia ta rehionalizatsiia iak vektory rozvytku mizhnarodnykh ekonomichnykh vidnosyn. [Globalization and regionalization as vectors of development of international economic relations]. (2018). In Dovhal’, A., Kazakovoi, N. A. and et. (ed.) KhNU imeni V.N. Karazina. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Amelina, I V., Popova, T. L., Vladymyrov, S. V. (2013) . Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny [International economic relations]. «Tsentr uchbovoi literatury». Kyiv. Ukrain
- Heneral’na uhoda z taryfiv i torhivli. Mytna entsyklopediia [General agreement on tariffs and trade]. (2013). In 2 vol. / In Berezhniuky, I. H. (ed.) and other. Khmelnytskyi: PP Mel’nyk A. A,. Vol. 1: A – L.
- Ofitsijnyj sajt Ministerstva ekonomichnoho rozvytku i torhivli Ukrainy [Official site of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine]. Available at: http://me.gov.ua&.
- Shtal’, T. V. and other (2015). Mizhnarodna ekonomika ta mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny [International Economics and International Economic Relations]. «Vydavnytstvo «Fort». Kharkiv.
The article was received 11.12.2019