The article identifies the features of commercial work on the sale of goods in retail outlets, namely that retailers sell goods directly to the public, i.e. individuals, using specific methods and techniques of retail, trade services involves the presence of specially arranged and equipped retail space, retail network, in contrast to the wholesale network, it is characterized by great territorial disunity and fragmentation, its activities can be attributed mainly to the sphere of small business. Factors that hinder the development of entrepreneurial activity are highlighted, namely, lack of free financial resources of entrepreneurs to develop their own business. They include high interest rates on bank loans to raise additional funds, regional small business support programs do not bring the expected results, infrastructure, which is characterized by uneven location, does not meet modern needs, low level of public involvement in management decisions to improve business environment, improving public-private partnership in Ukraine requires a moderate public policy.
The article highlights four main trends that will continue in retailing in the near future, namely, retail in stores has reached its zenith. While, no doubt, many physical stores will return to growth, it is clear that the days of stimulating growth through physical stores are over. Business leaders plan to pay more attention to people than the importance of making a profit. COVID-19 only accelerated a trend that was already actively developing. Most retailers realize that conventional cost-cutting techniques are no longer enough to make a profit and start a business. Even after aggressive cost containment strategies have been implemented in response to COVID-19, most retailers recognize that they will need to step up their efforts if they hope to return their business to growth in the future. Most likely, in the nearest future there will be many investments aimed at increasing the value of available assets. In modern conditions, customers do not take into account the breadth of the range, and they are more concerned about the availability of products.
Keywords: business activity, retailing, enterprise, business, company.
- Economic Code of Ukraine [Hospodarskyi Kodeks Ukrainy]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/436-15
- Chorna M. V. Diadin A. S. (2017). Efficiency of business activity of business entities in retail trade in conditions of competition. [Efektyvnist pidpryiemnytskoi diialnosti subiektiv hospodariuvannia v rozdribniitorhivli v umovakh konkurentsii]. Current problems and directions of potential development of socio-economic systems in conditions of competition. Monograph [Aktualni problemy ta napriamy rozvytku potentsialu sotsialno-ekonomichnykh system v umovakh konkurentsii. Monohrafiia], LLC “V spravi”.
- Androsova T. V. (2011). Features of functioning of trade enterprises in the modern competitive environment [Osoblyvosti funktsionuvannia pidpryiemstv torhivli v suchasnomu konkurentnomu seredovyshchi]. KhNUFT, pp. 26-30.
- The essence and types of retail trade. On foreign economic activity: Law of Ukraine. [Sut I vydy rozdribnoi torhivli. Pro zovnishnoekonomichnu diialnist : Zakon Ukrainy].
- Danylo S. I. (2019). «Entrepreneurial activity in the field of retail». Suchasni problem ekonomiky I pidpryiemnytstvo. Issue 23, pp. 63-71.
- Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine [Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy]. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Global retail trends 2020 preparing for new reality. Available at: http://home.kpmg/ua/en/home/insights/2020/05/global-retail-trends-2020-preparing-for-new-reality.html
- Two thirds consumers worldwide now buy beliefs. Edelman. Available at: https://www.edelman.com/news-awards/two-thirds-consumers-worldwide-now-buy-beliefs
- Hi-Lo Card Counting System. Online Blackjack for Real Money. Available at: https://www.onlineblackjackrealmoney.org/card-counting/hi-lo
The article was received 06.02.2021