Introduction. Modern tourism is an advantage of any regional development strategy and has an impact on the functioning of related sectors of the economy: construction, hotel and restaurant, light industry, food industry and agriculture. However, the next crises, manifestations of a total pandemic in all countries have significantly affected all sectors of the economy, including the decline in tourism product consumption. However, the regional systemic coherence of actors, including tourism, is increasingly subject to change and restructuring in response to internal and external changes, and requires more balanced and regionally close levers of governance.
The purpose of the article is a comprehensive analysis of the functioning of regional tourism in the context of state regulation. The following tasks were formed: to determine the current state of regional tourist markets; to find out the main advantages and disadvantages of the regional tourist centers; to synchronize the priority of state and regional instruments for regulating the tourist activity of the region.
Results. Peculiarities of functioning of regional tourist markets are investigated. It is argued that state regulation of tourism covers three approaches: indirect, stimulating and deterrent; aspects of their manifestation in practice are detailed. The focus is on the regulatory processes of tourism, which is a complex and multifaceted symbiosis of methods and tools with many elements. Particular attention is paid to the modernization and reproduction of the material and technical base of tourist facilities. The existing risks that hinder the achievement of social and economic effect of tourist activity are characterized. The goals and methods of achieving the socio-economic effect of tourist regional markets are clearly outlined.
Conclusions. The theoretical analysis of tools and methods of regulating tourist activity is quite broad and complex. This is primarily due to their number and varying efficiency. Therefore, in the regional management of tourism processes it is easy to make mistakes, the consequences of which will be dramatic.
Tourism is an area that activates backward regions where there are no opportunities for the development of agriculture, industry, etc., which allows them to focus exclusively on building the appropriate infrastructure and gain recognition as a tourist and recreational agglomeration. The cognitive and educational effect of tourism will in the future affect the awareness of the rationality and frugality of the limited tourist and recreational resources, which are the object of profitability of tourist facilities in the region.
Keywords: regional tourism, tourist development, tourist market, market of tourist services, tourists.
- Luchyshyn, N. P., Luchyshyn, P. V. (2003). Ekonomika ta orhanizatsiia mizhnarodnoho turyzmu. [Economics and organization of international tourism]. RVV «Vezha». Derzh. un-tu im. Lesi Urainky. Volyns. Ukraine.
- Pavlov, K. V., Pavlova, O. M. (2020). «Innovation and investment potential of the transport industry of Ukraine». Ukrains’kyj zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky. Tom 5. № 1, рр. 17-24.
- Pavlova, O. M., Pavlov, K. V., Bleianiuk, M. O., Yevpak, Yu. S. (2019). «Social and creative industries in the development of the concept of smart cities». Ekonomichnyj chasopys Skhidnoievropejs’koho natsional’noho universytetu imeni Lesi Ukrainky. Luts’k. Vezha-Druk. № 4 (20), рр. 7-14.
- Palensik, P. (2013). «Slovakia is waiting for Ukrainians». Ukrains’kyj turyzm. № 1, рр. 44-45.
- Semenov, V. F. (2010). «State regulation and management of regional tourism development». Ekonomyka y upravlenye. № 1, рр. 40-41.
- Strishenets’, O. M., Zajchuk, K.A. (2017). «Priority directions of functioning of tourist clusters in Volyn region». Aktual’ni problemy prykladnoi ekonomiky: kolektyvna monohrafiia / In Strishenets’, O. M. (ed.). Vezha-Druk. Luts’k, pp. 129-138.
- Strishenets’, O. M. (2016). Teoretychni aspekty formuvannia ta rozvytku transkordonnoho rynku turystychno-rekreatsijnykh posluh. Strukturni zminy v ekonomitsi pryrodokorystuvannia: teoretychni osnovy ta prykladni aspekty. [Theoretical aspects of formation and development of the cross-border market of tourist and recreational services. Structural changes in the economy of nature: theoretical foundations and applied aspects]. Luts’k. рр. 35-46. Ukraine.
- Strishenets’, O.M. (2018). «Marketing research of financial and economic results and strategic positions of coffee producers in Ukraine». Ukrains’kyj zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky. Vol. 3. №3, pp. 219-227.
- Strishnets’, O. M., Lyshenko, O. M. (2017). «Theoretical aspects of tourist clusters as a determinant of socio-economic development of the region». Ekonomichnyj chasopys SNU im. Lesi Ukrainky. Luts’k: Vezha-Druk. № 4 (12), рр. 7-13.
- Tymchyshyn-Chemeryk, Yu. V. (2015). «Tourist cluster – a form of development and success of tourist activity in the region». Visnyk Ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomor’ia. Issue 4 (87), pp. 44-57.
- Sadchenko О., Lagodiienko V., Novykova I., Feshchenko O., Ruzhynska N., Bogdanov O. (2020). Marketing Tools in Stimulating Innovative Activity of Enterprises. International Journal of Management. № 11 (6), pp. 241-251.
- Lahodiienko, V.V. Dovhal’, O. V. (2018). «Theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of rural areas». Ekonomika i finansy. № 13, pp. 50-61.
The article was received 15.04.2020