The special purpose of the transport and logistics centers of the regions, which provide the needs for logistics services, play a coordinating and integrating role in the transport and logistics system and transportation of goods, necessitates the study of their formation issues, operation and development.
The purpose of the article is to study the principles, regional peculiarities of the formation and functioning of transport and logistics centers in the appropriate system, taking into account the foreign experience of such structures.
Results. It has been determined that the highest economic efficiency is ensured by integrated logistics services, in which the centers simultaneously provide a different range of logistics services with reducing the cost of shipping. The development of transport and logistics centers in Europe is carried out under the considerable influence of the state, which allows to obtain relevant competitive advantages. The foreign experience of functioning of transport and logistics centers is considered, where rail, road, water and air modes of transport are combined. The features of the German model of construction of logistics centers are considered, where public and private investments are effectively interacting, and the state is directly involved in all phases of project implementation. The differences of the French model are considered, where the management will be carried out exclusively by private investors, and the role of the state is reduced to granting permits in accordance with the goals of local and regional planning. The characteristic of the construction system and structure of logistics hub in Europe is given. The units that should be included in the standard transport and logistics center are highlighted. Requirements for creation of transport and logistics center of the region and principles of its functioning are outlined. The main source of financial support should be revenues from the state and local self-government. The effective functioning of the centers is carried out by providing the conditions for optimizing the management of information flows and harmonizing the economic interests of all participants. The advantages of creating a network of centers are zones formation of optimal service to the regions, the functioning of common border transport zones with a single communication infrastructure and preferential treatment.
Keywords: transport and logistics centers, transport industry, region, transport and logistics system, logistics hub.
- Brahins’kyj, V.V. (2011). Rozvytok transportno-lohistychnoi systemy iak forma realizatsii tranzytnoho potentsialu Ukrainy. [evelopment of transport and logistics system as a form of realization of transit potential of Ukraine]. Derzhavne upravlinnia: teoriia i praktyka. [Public administration: theory and practice]. № 2. Available at: http://www.academy.gov.ua/ej/ej14/index.htm.
- Lahodiienko, V. V. and Korniiets’kyj, O. V. (2014). «Logistics in Japanese: Increasing Business Efficiency». Kul’tura narodiv Prychernomor’ia. 275, pp. 207-210.
- Lagodienko, V. V. and Kornieckij, A. V. (2014). «The concept of the essence and functions of management in logistic systems». Baltijskij gumanitarnyj zhurnal. no. 4(9). pp. 145-147.
- Kuz’menko, A.V. (2015). «Experience and patterns of formation of world transport and logistics infrastructure». Naukovyj ohliad. № 7 (17), рр. 5-18.
- Mandra, V.V. (2016). «Analysis of the world experience of managing the transport and logistics center». Ekonomichnyj analiz: zb. nauk. prats’. Ternopil’: Vydavnycho-polihrafichnyj tsentr Ternopil’s’koho natsional’noho ekonomichnoho universytetu «Ekonomichna dumka». Vol. 24. № 2, pp. 92–97.
- Savenko, S.V. Razvitie transportno-logisticheskih centrov v evropejskom regione. [Development of transport and logistics centers in the European region]. Available at: http://transportinform.com/logistika/315-razvitie-transportno-logisticheskihcentrov.html.
- Tkach, O.V., Voloschuk, I.A. (2018). «Regional logistics center: formation and features of operation». Aktual’ni problemy rozvytku ekonomiky rehionu. Issue 13. Vol. 2, pp. 128-134.
- Transportno-logisticheskie centry: zarubezhnyj opyt. [Transportation and logistics centers: foreign experience]. Available at: http://www.elc-ua.com/ru/news/60
The article was received 02.03.2019