The purpose of this research is to study the experience of introducing precision farming technologies abroad and to substantiate the directions of development and practical implementation of these technologies in Belarus. The article discusses the leading countries in the field of practical testing of modern technologies of precision farming, analyzes the experience of their use in the EAEU countries, studies the developments in the main directions of the introduction of precision farming in Belarus: the use of GPS for determining field boundaries, remote sensing of the earth, mapping and monitoring the state of crops and productivity; technologies of differentiated application of seeds, fertilizers and pesticides, differentiated pre-sowing soil treatment; technology of parallel driving and automatic control over the work and movement of technical equipment. Based on the results of the analysis, such directions of development and practical use of precision farming technologies in Belarus have been identified, such as the implementation of domestic industrial developments; development of domestic software and hardware; expanding scientific research on precision farming technologies; generalization and dissemination of scientific and production experience in the introduction of precision farming; development of government measures to support commodity producers, including farms, mastering precision farming technologies.
The scientific novelty lies in the study of the problems of introducing precision farming technologies in Belarus, taking into account world experience, as well as in developing priority areas for the further development of precision farming in Belarus.
The practical significance lies in the need to introduce precision farming technologies in agricultural organizations of Belarus.
It is advisable to continue the research in the direction of developing a methodology for assessing the degree of introduction of precision farming technologies, as well as a comprehensive analysis of the results of the practical use of these technologies at micro- and mesoscale levels.
Keywords: agriculture, efficiency, sustainability, innovative technologies, precision farming, world experience, development directions in the Republic of Belarus.
- Pilnikova, N. V. Povyshenie jeffektivnosti primenenija resursosberegajushhih tehnologij tochnogo zemledelija [Increasing the efficiency of using resource-saving technologies of precision farming]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. gos. agrar. un-t. Krasnojarsk 08.00.05. Russia.
- Say, S.M. (2017). Adoption of Precision Agriculture Technologies in Developed and Developing Countries. International Science and Technology Conference, 17-19 July 2017 Berlin, Germany & 16-18 August 2017 Cambridge, USA. pp. 41-49. Available at: https://www.academia.edu/35077566/Adoption_of_Precision_Agriculture_Technologies_in_Developed_and_Developing_Countries.
- Pochemu v strane ne vnedrjaetsja sistema tochnogo zemledelija? [Why is the system of precision farming not being introduced in the country?]. Belarus’ segodnja. (2016). [Belarus today]. Available at: https://www.sb.by/articles/netochnoe-zemledelie-do-sumy-dovedet.html.
- Vedomstvennyj proekt «Cifrovoe sel’skoe hozjajstvo»: oficial’noe izdanie. (2019). [Departmental project “Digital Agriculture”: official publication]. FGBNU “Rosinformagrotech”. Moscow. Russia.
- Precision farming in Belarus: an unsteady step into the future. (2017). Tochnoe zemledelie v Belarusi: v budushhee netverdym shagom. Belorusskoe sel’skoe hozjajstvo. no. 6 (182). p. 86.
- Truflyak, E.V., Kurchenko, N.Y., Kreimer, A.S. (2018). Tochnoe zemledelie: sostojanie i perspektivy. [Exact agriculture: state and prospects]. KubGAU. Krasnodar. Russia.
- Gedroyts, V. (2016). Kak v Belarusi vnedrjaetsja sistema tochnogo zemledelija. [How the system of precision farming is being introduced in Belarus]. Belarus’ segodnja. [Belarus Today]. January 19. Available at: https://www.sb.by/articles/agronom-bez-samoleta-ne-tekhnolog-.html.
- Programma social’no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Respubliki Belarus’ na 2016-2020 gody: utv. Ukazom Prezidenta Resp. Belarus’. [Program of socio-economic development of the Republic of Belarus for 2016-2020: approved. By decree of the President of the Republic. Belarus]. (2019). Consultant Plus: Belarus. LLC “YurSpektr”. Minsk. Belarus.
- APK gotovitsja k proryvu. [AIC is preparing for a breakthrough]. Belorusy i rynok. [Belarusians and the market]. Available at: www.belmarket.by/apk-gotovitsya-k-proryvu.
The article was received 11.04.2020