Introduction. Innovative development of socio-economic systems of different levels depends on the diffusion of innovations. The process of diffusion is accompanied by a spread of innovations, their establishment in the method of production and in the consumption patterns. The speed and scale of diffusion depend on many factors. In previous studies, social, marketing, geographical factors of innovations diffusion were identified.
The purpose of the research, the results of which are presented in the article, is to determine the impact of organizational and economic factors on the diffusion of innovations in modern agricultural business in Ukraine.
Results. The concept of diffusion of innovations has been clarified taking into account the object sphere of the research as a process of penetration, dissemination of innovations in the business environment, their active involvement, use and approval in the business practice. An important consequence of the diffusion of innovations is an increase of the productivity of factors of production by business entities. It was proved, that the growing trends of agricultural land productivity, which was estimated on the basis of crop yields, and labor productivity in agriculture in Ukraine are observed simultaneously with significant differentiation in factor productivity in agricultural business due to the heterogeneity of its modern organizational structure. Analysis of the impact of enterprise size on crop yields by means of grouping of enterprises by the size of the harvested area in 2019 confirmed the higher productivity of agricultural land, active involvement of innovations in the large enterprises.
Conclusions. The connection of innovative activity of agricultural enterprises in terms of attracting and using production and technological innovations, a consequence of which becomes higher factor productivity, with the size of agricultural enterprises, a significant impact of the resources provision of enterprises, especially land and financial resources, on the diffusion of innovation has been confirmed. The such model of the diffusion of innovations under increasing their value creates threats of the formation of a stable “technological gap” between large and medium and small enterprises in the agricultural business, which requires corrective measures of state agricultural policy.
Key words: diffusion of innovations, agricultural business, agricultural enterprise, factor productivity, yield of agricultural crops.
- Van’kovych, L.Ya. (2016). «Etymological aspects of diffusion of innovation results». Formuvannia rynkovoi ekonomiky v Ukraini, no 35(1). pp. 68-74.
- Vitkovs’kyj, Yu.P. (2020). Innovatsijnyj potentsial ahrarnoho vyrobnytstva: mekhanizmy ta stratehii rozvytku i vykorystannia. [Innovative potential of agricultural production: mechanisms and strategies of development and use]. «Smuhasta typohrafiia». Kharkiv. c
- Vitkovs’kyj, Yu.P., Orel A.M. (2020). «Agricultural engineering as a factor in creating competitive advantages in agribusiness». Actual problems of innovative economy, no 3. pp. 5-10.
- Hotra, V.V. (2014). «Current state and problems of innovative development of the agricultural sector of Ukraine». Aktual’ni problemy ekonomiky, no 6. pp. 79-84.
- Hutorov, A.O. (2012). Ekonomichne obgruntuvannia ratsional’nykh rozmiriv sil’s’kohospodars’kykh pidpryiemstv: teoriia ta praktyka. [Economic substantiation of rational sizes of agricultural enterprises]. «Mis’kdruk». Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Etymolohichnyj slovnyk ukrains’koi movy. (1985). [Etymological dictionary of the Ukrainian language]. In 7 Vol. / AN URSR. In-t movoznavstva im. Potebni O. O.; In Mel’nychuk O. S. (ed.) and others. Nauk. Dumka. Kyiv. Ukraine. Vol. 2.
- Lupenko, Yu.O., Kropyvko, M.F. (2015). «Agricultural holdings in Ukraine and strengthening the social orientation of their activities». Ekonomika APK, no 6. pp. 6-10.
- Onegina V.M. Lun’ova V.A. (2016). Stratehii innovatsijnoho rozvytku sil’s’kohospodars’kykh pidpryiemstv. [Strategies of innovative development of agricultural enterprises]. Smuhasta typohrafiia. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- On-line rating of agricultural holdings of Ukraine by the size of the land bank from Agricultural Consulting. Available at: https://www.farming.org.ua/
- Statystychnyj schorichnyk «Sil’s’ke hospodarstvo Ukrainy» za 2019 rik. (2020). [Statistical Yearbook “Agriculture of Ukraine” for 2019]. Derzh. sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy; vidpovidal’nyj za vypusk O.M. Prokopenko. Derzhstat. Kyiv.
- Khodakivs’ka, O.V., Mohyl’nyj, O.M. (2017). «Agricultural holdings of Ukraine: agricultural policy and challenges of the future». Ekonomika APK, no 8. pp. 33-41.
- Shamota, H.M. (2011). Dyfuziia innovatsij v Ukraini na suchasnomu etapi. [Diffusion of innovations in Ukraine at the present stage]. Problemy i perspektyvy rozvytku bankivs’koi systemy Ukrainy: zb. nauk. prats’. Sumy: UABS NBU, no 31. pp. 288-296.
- Bass, M.F. (1969). A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables. Management Science. Vol. 5. no. 5. pp. 215-227. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.15.5.215
- Hägerstrand, T. (1967). Diffusion as a Spatial Process. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Rogers, E.M. (2003). Diffusion of Innovations. 5th edition, New York: Free Press.
- Rogers, E.M., Singhal, A., Quinlan, M.M. (2009). Diffusion of Innovations. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Arvind-Singhal-3/publication/311487299_Diffusion_of_Innovations/links/5848904.808ae61f75de355c2/Diffusion-of-Innovations.pdf
- Schumpeter, J.A. (1934). The Theory of Economic Development. Harvard Economic Studies.
The article was received 15.03.2021