Transport and logistics clusters are aimed at optimizing the movement of freight flow in regional supply chains and concentrate the transport and logistics infrastructure of the territory, transport and logistics companies, manufacturing enterprises.
The purpose of the article is to study the structure, factors and conditions of creation of transport and logistics clusters at the regional level in accordance with this approach.
An example of Germany’s transport and logistics cluster «Frankfurt am Main» is considered. The content of the cluster approach is considered. Cluster benefits are provided. The main participants of the transport and logistics cluster are considered. The model of formation of transport and logistics cluster at regional level is presented. The main tasks of forming a transport and logistic cluster are determined. Influence factors on the formation of transport and logistics clusters are generalized: consistent state economic policy, globalization of transport and logistics infrastructure, horizontal integration of the logistics infrastructure complex and the companies that serve it, outsourcing of transport and logistics services, forecasting and minimizing the level of risk. The directions of the analysis for understanding the weaknesses and strengths of the region for the formation of cluster structures are determined. Prospects of creation of transport and logistics cluster in Kherson region are considered and its structural elements are defined. The content of the cluster is considered.
The activity of the transport and logistics cluster of the region promotes the use of innovative potential through the creation of an efficient transport complex. The cluster maximally takes into account the effect of the market mechanism. The cluster approach is one of the most advanced industry management technologies.
Keywords: transport and logistics system; transport and logistics cluster; region; transport infrastructure; cluster approach.
- Brahins’kyj, V.V. (2011). Rozvytok transportno-lohistychnoi systemy iak forma realizatsii tranzytnoho potentsialu Ukrainy. [Development of transport and logistics system as a form of realization of Ukraine’s transit potential]. Derzhavne upravlinnia: teoriia i praktyka. Public administration: theory and practice. (electronic journal). № 2. Available at: http://www.academy.gov.ua/ej/ej14/index.htm.
- Kislyj, V., Zharik, T. (2010). «Development of transport and logistics clusters in Ukraine». Jekonomika Ukrainy. № 12 (581). рр. 28-37.
- Lahodiienko, V. V. and Korniiets’kyj, O. V. (2014). «Logistics in Japanese: Increasing Business Efficiency». Kul’tura narodiv Prychernomor’ia. No. 275, pp. 207-210.
- Popova, N.V. (2013). «Clusters as a basis for innovative development of the transport and logistics system in the region». Biznesinform. № 8. рр. 63-67.
- Sokolenko, S.I. (2012). Klastery v hlobal’nij ekonomitsi. [Clusters in the Global Economy]. Lohos. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Upravlinnia ryzykamy v lohistytsi. [Logistics Risk Management]. (2012). In Honcharova, V. M. (ed.). «Mahnoliia 2006». Lviv. Ukraine.
- Uzhva, A. M. (2016). «Clustering as an effective tool for managing the development of regional agrarian business». Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriia «Ekonomichni nauky». Issue 19. Part 2. pp. 110–113.
- Bondarenko S., Lagodienko V., Sedikova I., Kalaman O. Application of Project Analysis Software in Project Management in the PreInvestment Phase, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, 9(13). 2018. pp. 676–684.
The article was received 15.04.2019