In the current realities of society in general and global economic processes in particular, in the face of a permanent threat of external challenges (pandemic Covid-19 and others), the main factor in ensuring the stable and secure existence of mankind is the competitiveness of national and global health systems. The purpose of the article is to analyze and improve the processes of industry management; monitoring of modern problems caused by external and internal processes, improvement of the system as a whole and processes of further development; ancillary processes of providing quality and reliable resources, etc. The theoretical basis in the process of writing the article were the scientific works of famous Ukrainian and foreign scientists, Ukrainian legislation and regulations. During the work on the article general and special research methods were used: analysis, synthesis, induction, deduction – to study the economic essence and features of strategic management of the modern potential of the national health care industry; the method of generalization and specification was used to develop recommendations for improving the management component of the process of development of health care facilities, etc. The paper highlights and emphasizes the need for analysis and strategic planning of the activities of individual medical departments in various fields, and the medical institution as a whole. According to the results of the study, it is proved that in the current conditions of society development the issue of introduction of long-term strategic plans for the development and implementation of modernization of the health care management system has become acute. It is necessary to form national guidelines for a sound health care system that will be in line with the strategy of global trends in data security, legal and ethical issues, interaction, cultural and linguistic issues, infrastructure issues, funding, and monitoring and evaluation of their activities. As an institutional tool, it is essential to establish a national body to improve health management.
Keywords: competitiveness, health, health services, efficiency, global economy.
- Dash, P., Meredith, D. (2010). When and how provider competition can improve health care delivery. McKinsey Quarterly, Vol. 10. pp. 30-41.
- Loozen, E. M. (2015). Public healthcare interests require strict competition enforcement. Health policy, Vol. 119(7), pp. 882-888.
- Chukhno, I. A. (2016). Konkurentsiia v sferi okhorony zdorovia. URL: http://repo.knmu.edu.ua/handle/123456789/13175
- Rivers, P. A., Glover, S. H. (2008). Health care competition, strategic mission, and patient satisfaction: research model and propositions. Journal of health organization and management, Vol. 22(6), pp. 627-641.
- Dash, P., Meredith, D. (2010). When and how provider competition can improve health care delivery. pp. 30-41.
- Loozen, E. M. (2015). Public healthcare interests require strict competition enforcement. pp. 882-888.
- Dash, P., Meredith, D. (2010). When and how provider competition can improve health care delivery, pp. 30-41.
- Socha, K., Bech, M. (2007). Extended free choice of hospital-waiting time. Health Policy Monitor, Vol. 10. pp. 22.
The article was received 23.08.2020