Introduction. The article deals with the state of agro-industry in the meat processing industry. As a study result of the meat processing enterprises activity, a problem was identified and the question of the imbalance of relations between producers and processors of meat raw materials was raised. Significant impact on the unsatisfactory structure of the meat market has insufficient number of breeding cattle (cows). The need for anti-crisis measures has forced public authorities to develop a plan that is insufficient to completely eliminate the problem and encourage private farms to produce more cattle.
The purpose of this article is to investigate the state and development of the meat processing industry of Ukraine for the period 1990-2018 and to identify possible trends under the condition of the preventive anti-crisis measures application.
The research methodology. Methods of statistical generalization, comparison, analysis of structure and dynamics have been used.
Results. An analysis of the structure of the meat production market in Ukraine is provided. The dependence of Ukraine’s meat processing industry on imported raw materials has been determined. The reasons of raw material shortage for the meat processing industry of Ukraine are considered. Meat trends in the country have been analyzed. The key problems of the meat market are identified. The dynamics of export and import of meat and meat products are examined. The structure of livestock dynamics in Ukraine from 1990 to 2018 is given. The dynamics of the number of livestock by type of farm is analyzed. The unprofitable maintenance of cattle by private farms has been determined, which requires realization of state support.
Conclusions. Measures to support the state of the meat processing industry are proposed: increase of duties on meat products import and introduction of quotas, state support in the field of organization of business associations in the form of cooperatives. It is advisable for enterprises to expand their raw materials base, to explore new markets and to introduce modern energy-saving technologies and technologies of integrated processing of raw materials.
Keywords: crisis management, meat processing, manufacturers, processors, raw materials, imports. Exports, cattle, government support.
- Vasy`lenko, V. O. (2003). Anty`kry`zove upravlinnya pidpry`yemstvom. [Anti-crisis management of the enterprise]. CzUL. Kiev. Ukraine. Available at: http://lib.sumdu.edu.ua/library/DocDownloadForm?docid= 39677
- Vnukova, N. M. and Smolyak, V. A. (2006). Ekonomichna ocinka ry`zy`ku diyal`nosti pidpry`yemstv. [Economic estimation of enterprise activity risk]. VB «INZhEK». Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Ivanyuta, S. M. (2007). Anty`kry`zove upravlinnya. [Anti-Crisis Management]. Centr navchal`noyi literatury. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Klebanova, T. S. and Bondar, O. M. (2007). Bankrutstvo i sanaciya pidpry`yemstv: teoriya i prakty`ka kry`zovogo upravlinnya. [Bankruptcy and rehabilitation of enterprises: theory and practice of crisis management]. VD “INZhEK”. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Ligonenko, L. O. (2005). Anty`kry`zove upravlinnya pidpry`yemstvom. [Anti-crisis management of the enterprise]. KNTEU. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Skibicz`ky`j, O. M. (2009). Anty`kry`zovy`j menedzhment. [Anti-crisis management]. CzUL. Kiev. Ukraine. Available at: http://lib.sumdu.edu.ua/library/DocDownloadForm?docid=185397
- Tereshhenko, O. O. (2006). Anty`kry`zove finansove upravlinnya na pidpry`yemstvi. [Anti-crisis financial management at the enterprise]. KNEU. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Publications of documents of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.org/
- Official site of the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Official site of the State Committee of Ukraine for Technical Regulation and Consumer Policy. Available at: http://www.dstu.gov.ua/
- Postanova KMU #107 «Pro zatverdzhennya poryadku vy`kory`stannya koshtiv, peredbacheny`x u derzhavnomu byudzheti dlya pidtry`mky` galuzi tvary`nny`cztva». [CMU Resolution No. 107 “On Approval of the Procedure of Using the Funds Provided in the State Budget to Support the Livestock Industry”]. Dated 07.02.2018 r. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/npas/pro-zatverdzhennya-poryadku-vik
The article was received 02.03.2019