Introduction. Regardless the territorial unit, whether city or village, there are a number of issues that are difficult to solve with their own resources. Problems of garbage collection, utilization, removal and processing, road cleaning, quality water supply and drainage, timely repair and cleaning of roads, continuous and permanent passenger transportation, organization and maintenance of fire protection, etc. need urgent solution and are essential for the welfare of the population.
The purpose of this article is research of territorial communities cooperation and effective tools for local development, substantiation of ways of social well-being problem solving by means of the in-depth analysis of preconditions for maintenance of cooperation and creation of territorial communities associations.
Results. The advantages of inter-municipal cooperation are considered. The state of concluding agreements based on inter-municipal instrument and cooperation agreements is analyzed. The trend analysis of the cooperation development of territorial communities is carried out. The detailed study of community cooperation has been conducted and a number of benefits in inter-municipal associations have been identified. Explanations of each advantage of territorial cooperation and community associations are given.
Conclusions. The need for cooperation was outlined as an effective tool for local development. The analysis of the activities of territorial communities gives grounds to consider the need for cooperation and their unification on the principles of inter-municipal cooperation. Cooperation of territorial communities has significant advantages, which was proved in the study. Along with them you can add the following: reduction of production costs and ensuring savings due to the volume of activities; strengthening the negotiating positions of the relevant local governments; reduction of the number of persons who receive economically justified cost services; increase of investment resources of territorial communities; increasing the level of trust among creditors; the possibility of attracting external public funding.
Key words: territorial community, regional policy, inter-municipal instruments, independent region.
- The Law of Ukraine «On Cooperation of Territorial Communities» from June 17, 2014, №1508-VII. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1508-18#Text
- Hryshko, R. Yu. (2017). «Permanent components of the formation of the system of cooperation of territorial communities in Ukraine». Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok. № Available at: http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=1024
- Tkachuk, I. H., & Melnychuk, Yu. M. (2019). «Economic mechanism of micro-level strategic development of the independent region». Aktualni problemy rozvytku rehionu. № 15(2), рр. 140–147.
- Melnychuk, Yu. M. (2019). Application of systematic approaches to assessing the effectiveness of the bank in conditions of financial independence of the region. Economies’ Horizons. № 1(8), рр. 36–43.
- Tolkovanov, V. V. (2017). Territorial communities’ cooperation (intermunicipal cooperation – IMC) as an innovative tool for ensuring local economic development and municipal consolidation. Scientific bulletin of Polissia, № 1 (9). Part 2, рр. 76–80.
- Ihnat, O. V., & Mamatova, O. V. (2019). «Current state and prospects of development of management tools to support cooperation of territorial communities in Ukraine». Aspekty publichnoho upravlinnia, № 7(5), рр. 12–21.
- Lagodiienko,V., Dovgal, O.V. (2018). «Factors of economic growth of regions in the conditions of disproportion». Actual problems of innovative economy. № 3. pp. 15-21.
- Lagodiienko,V., Andrusiv, U.Y. (2018). Regional economic policy in the conditions of disproportion: ways of minimization. Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Volume 3. № 2. pp.81–89.
- Lagodiienko,V., Dovgal, O.V. (2018). «Theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of rural areas». Ekonomika i finansy. № 13. pp. 50–61.
- Monitorynh protsesu detsentralizatsii vlady ta reformuvannia mistsevoho samovriaduvannia. [Monitoring of the process of power decentralisation and local governance reform]. Available at: https://decentralization.gov.ua/mainmonitoring
The article was received 02.05.2020