Evaluation of the influence of production intensity in the field of dairy farming on the level of economic efficiency was performed using agricultural enterprises of the Region of Kharkiv and Chernihiv as examples. The enterprises were grouped according to the level of expenses per cow: up to UAH 10,000, UAH 10,000.1 – UAH 15,000, UAH 15,000.1 – 20,000, UAH 20,000.1 – 25,000 and more than UAH 25,000. It was established that production intensity in the field of dairy farming is very closely related with productivity of animals. In order to verify the significance of differences between groups under the parameter of cow productivity, comparison of the means by Student’s t-test was used that confirmed definiteness of this difference. Productivity of cows consistently increased from the first to the fifth group. It was determined that in absolute terms the largest difference was between the fourth and fifth groups of enterprises, which amounted to 1685 kg, and in relative terms – between the first and second – 37.0%. The regression model developed on the example of agricultural enterprises at the Region of Chernihiv allowed to determine influence and closeness of relationship between the level of profitability of milk production and independent indicators: productivity of cows (milk yield per 1 cow), the size of agricultural land, production cost of 1 quintal of milk and the share of milk in the structure of marketable products.
The nonlinear nature of the relationship between the cost per cow and the level of profitability of milk production has been established. Based on the constructed model, it was determined that in the agricultural enterprises of the Region of Chernihiv at the average level of management in 2016 the highest cost efficiency level (16.1%) took place for the expenditure of 29174.6 UAH / head. At agricultural enterprises of the Region of Kharkiv, the highest cost efficiency level in 2018 (17.3 %) was reported for the expenditure of UAH 40,241/head.
Key words: dairy farming, production performance, production intensity, cost efficiency, non-linear dependence of parameters, correlation model.
- Sharan, P.І. (2012). «Methodological and practical aspects of the intensity of reproduction of meat breed cattle». Ekonomіka APK. no 12, pp. 124-132.
- Simo, D., Mura, L., Buleca, J. (2016). Assessment of milk production competitiveness of the Slovak Republic within the EU-27 countries. Agric. Econ.. Vol. 62, 482-492. https://doi.org/10.17221/270/2015-AGRICECON.
- Maciuc, V., Şteofil, M., Domnica, V. (2016). A New Software Programme for Data Management in Dairy Farms. Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia. Vol 6, рр. 226-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aaspro.2015.08.063.
- Visentin, G. (2015). Milk coagulation properties of cattle breeds reared in alpine area. Poljoprivreda, no 21 (1 supplement), pp. 237-240. https://doi.org/10.18047/poljo.21.1.sup.56.
- Shijan, D. V., Chumak, G. M. (2019). «The level of development of dairy farming as a factor for formation of dairy product sub-complex in the regions». Vіsnik HNAU. Serіja: Ekonomіchnі nauki. no 1, 82-90. DOI: 10.31359/2312-3427-2019-1-82.
- Ul’janchenko, O. V., Litovchenko, T. V. (2018). «Modern tendencies and peculiarities of development of dairy farming in Ukraine». Vіsnik HNAU. Serіja: Ekonomіchnі nauki. no pp. 176-184. DOI: 10.31359/2312-3427-2018-4-176
- Andrіjchuk, V.G. (2006). Efektivnіst’ dіjal’nostі agrarnih pіdpriєmstv: teorіja, metodika, analіz: monografіja. [Efficiency of agricultural enterprises functioning: theory, procedure, analysis]. KNEU. Ukraine.
- Macibora, V.І. (1999). Ekonomіka sіl’s’kogo gospodarstva: pіdruchnik [Agricultural economics]. Vishha shkola. Ukraine.
- Berezіvs’kij, P. S., Osoba, N. P. (2010). «More on essence and economical content of the categories “intensity” and “intensification”». Agrosvіt. no 6, pp. 24-31.
- Berezіvs’kij, P.S., Osoba, N.P., Berezіvs’kij, Z.P. (2009). «Trends in the intensification of the development of agricultural enterprises». konomіka APK. no 6, рp. 18-24.
- Zubchenko, V.V. (2012). «Methodological approaches to the determination of efficiency of intensification of dairy farming». Ekonomіka ta upravlіnnja APK. no. 9 (97), pp.31-35.
- Shijan, N.І. (2015). «Structure of expenditures as a factor of formation of the efficacy level in the field of meat farming». Ekonomіka APK. no 12, pp.44-49.
The article was received 09.05.2019