The study made it possible to establish that, taking into account the significant number of studies conducted in Ukraine in previous years, the main problems in the study of corruption at the state level is the lack of longitudinal or comparative studies. Also, the impossibility of comparing different values over time, which is a consequence of the lack of a single methodology and universal indices. The application of international methodology, often without adaptation to the national context, does not give a picture of the real situation in the Ukrainian society. Corruption is generally equated only to bribery (trade in the approval of decisions, “kickbacks”, “application of official status”, the provision of valuable gifts, or the sale of services, etc. are not considered). In addition, the participants, answering the question about corruption, provide their own subjective explanation, which adds insufficient definition of the scientists themselves on the concept of the phenomenon of “corruption”. Indirect indicators of corruption, such as institutional means and incentives for corruption, are not studied. According to the results of a comparative study of the business environment and the recognition of the proposed methodological tool for identifying and assessing threats to financial security of business, it is outlined that currently the shadow economy and corruption and their spread hinder the business components and are actual threats to business security influence that leads to the spread of planned crime and create social tensions in the country. Assessing the level of economic security of business on the basis of economic and mathematical modeling makes it possible to establish the current economic condition of business owners, identify real and possible threats, plan their impact on target security characteristics and create ways to cause and reduce threats to economic security. Finding the impact of external security threats to the business economy is the basis for the formation of methods to ensure that in the context of the socio-economic strategy of the country: in theoretical terms requires the formation of a mechanism that would characterize the scheme of elements and relationships between them, formation of safe preconditions for the country’s development, and in the actual implementation in the covered management of measures to combat threats to the security of the business economy, the establishment of mandatory resources for it, the formation and use of sources.
Key words: economic security, provision, state policy, shadowing, corruption.
- Artyushok, K. A. (2016). «Criteria and indicators of economic security and balanced development of the region». Zbalansovane prirodokoristuvannya, vol. 3, pp. 59-63.
- Nakaz Ministerstva ekonomiky Ukrainy vid 29.10.2013 № 1277 «Pro zatverdzhennia Metodyky rozrakhunku rivnia ekonomichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy». [Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. (2013). [Order «On approval of Methodical recommendations for calculating the economic security level in Ukraine»]. Аvailable at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/ rada/show/v1277731$13#Text.
- Lingur, L. M. (2020). «Criteria and thresholds for assessing the economic security of the organization (enterprise)». Аvailable at: http://dspace.opu.ua/jspui/bit$ stream/123456789/2066/1/Punkt2.1_MonografIya.pdf
- Osnovi ekonomichnoyi bezpeki. (2003). [Fundamentals of economic security]. Bandurka O.M., Dukhov V.Ye., Petrova K.Ya., Cherniakov Vydvo Nats. untu vnutr. Sprav. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- International Labour Organization (2004). “Economic security for a better world”. Аvailable at: https:/ /www.social$protection.org/gimi/gess/RessourcePDF. action?ressource.ressourceId=8670
- Transparency Inernational (2017). «Corruption Perceptions Index 2016». Аvailable at: https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_ index_2016
- Teshеva, Modeling of the impact of state institutions on the level of innovative development in the domestic agricultural sector of the economy. Actual problems of innovative economy. 2020. No. 4, pp. 47-52.
- Zinchenko, Financial and innovative bases of perspective anti-corruption activity. Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. 2018. Volume 3. № 3, рр. 120–125.
The article was received 18.02.2021