Introduction. Dairy cattle breeding occupies a leading position among the livestock breeding sectors of Belarus, in which more than half of the fixed assets are concentrated, more than 50% of labor resources are occupied and more than 30% of feed resources are consumed, which creates conditions for its accelerated development along the intensification path.
The purpose of the article is to determine the main factors and directions of increasing the efficiency of dairy cattle breeding in agricultural organizations in Belarus.
Results. The redistribution of costs between supporting and productive feed in the direction of increasing the latter as the most effective form of saving in animal husbandry is considered. It is proved that the further development of dairy cattle breeding should be carried out by improving breeding and tribal work to create a competitive Belarusian dairy cow. It is proved that the problem of the competitiveness of dairy products is the labor input, the main reasons for which are highlighted. An economic grouping was constructed according to the annual reporting data for 2017 for 190 agricultural organizations of the Brest region with developed dairy cattle breeding, where the profitability of milk sales was chosen as a grouping attribute.
Conclusions. The analysis of the results showed that a high profitability of milk sales is achieved due to the greater density of the population, a higher average annual milk yield. The increase in the profitability of milk sales is accompanied by a decrease in feed consumption while increasing the consumption of concentrated feed per 1 centner of milk. To increase the profitability of the sold products and the productivity of cattle in the dairy sector, it is necessary to provide the animals with full and high-quality feeds of their own production, and to significantly increase the proportion of concentrated feeds in the diet. Efficient management of the dairy industry is only possible using intensive cattle production technology. Ways of increasing the efficiency of dairy cattle breeding are proposed.
Key words: efficiency, optimization, balance, resource saving, genetic potential, newest technologies.
- Gosudarstvennaja programma razvitija agrarnogo biznesa v Belarusi na 2016–2020 gody. [State program for the development of agricultural business in Belarus for 2016–2020]. (2016). Nacional’nyj reestr pravovyh aktov Respubliki Belarus’. Minsk. Belarus.
- Ceddies, Ju. and Rajsh, Je., Ugarov, A. A. (2011). Jekonomika sel’skohozjajstvennogo predprijatija. [Economics of an agricultural enterprise]. Izd-vo MSHA. Moscow. Russia.
- Suboch, F. I. (2013). Innovacionnaja sistema nacional’noj prodovol’stvennoj konkurentosposobnosti: sostojanie i perspektivy razvitija. [Innovation system of national food competitiveness: state and development prospects]. Institut sistemnyh issledovanij v APK NAN Belarusi. Minsk. Belarus.
- Business, startups and technology. Available at: http://bel.biz/.
- Orehov, A. M. (2015). Metody jekonomicheskih issledovanij. [Methods of economic research]. 2nd ed. INFRA-M. Moscow. Russia.
- Edronova, V. N. and Ovcharov, A. O. (2015). Statisticheskaja metodologija v sisteme nauchnyh metodov finansovyh i jekonomicheskih issledovanij. [Statistical methodology in the system of scientific methods of financial and economic research]. In Edronovoj, V. N. (ed.). INFRA-M. Moscow. Russia.
- Kundius, V. A. (2014). Jekonomika agropromyshlennogo kompleksa: uchebnoe posobie dlja sistemy dopolnitel’nogo professional’nogo obrazovanija. [Economics of the agro-industrial complex: a training manual for the system of additional professional education]. KNORUS. Moscow. Russia.
- National legal Internet portal of the Republic of Belarus. Available at: http://www.pravo.by
- Busel, I. P. (2011). Organizacija sel’skohozjajstvennogo proizvodstva. [Organization of agricultural production]. Litaratura i Mastactva. Minsk. Belarus.
- Programma social’no-jekonomicheskogo razvitija Respubliki Belarus’ na 2016-2020 gg. : utv. Ukazom Prezidenta Respubliki Belarus’. [The program of socio-economic development of the Republic of Belarus for 2016-2020.: approved By Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus]. (2019). 15 December 2016, № 466. In Ukaza Prezidenta Resp. Belarus’ (ed.) by 30.11.2017 g. Konsul’tantPljus: Belarus’. OOO «JurSpektr». Minsk. Belarus.
The article was received 05.03.2019