The modern sphere of tourism is one of the most profitable spheres of life, which is developing dynamically. It has a positive effect on the state’s economy, progresses day by day in comparison with other industries and brings great social and economic effect to the state. But at the same time, it should be noted that tourism is a very flexible phenomenon, prone to events and interventions of various kinds. The field of tourism is directly or indirectly related to many related economic sectors and interacts with almost all government agencies. However, despite its attractiveness and dynamism, the field of tourism is very “whimsical” and requires proper and professional attention. The growth of world and Ukrainian tourism is accompanied by an increased level of economic, socio-political and other types of risk that affect participants in the tourism market and can significantly adjust tourism activity. In addition to socio-economic problems in the field of tourism, which include the imperfection of the legal framework, poor and suboptimal human resources management, underdeveloped innovation, etc., there are problems related to political and economic turmoil and instability, outdated communication and communication systems. These problems not only hinder the development of this area of activity, but also contribute to the massive outflow of income brought to the state by tourist institutions and organizations. Today, in the period of active development of the tourism industry, risk control is becoming important. Every employee of a tourist enterprise is responsible for the life and health of consumers – tourists who are exposed constantly to danger. The provision of tourist services must ensure an acceptable level of risk to the life, health and property of tourists – both in normal conditions and in emergencies that may occur at the place of stay and recreation.
Key words: risks, risk classification, probability of loss, tourist activity, tourist enterprises.
- Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine (2016). Available at: http://www.me.gov.ua/ News/Print?lang=ukUA&id=cde1ee15-1438-40a9-9e08- 5eb1ed9bd750
- Mal’s’ka, M.P., Khudo, V.V. and Tsybukh, B.L. (2004). Osnovy turystychnoho biznesu [Basics of tourism business], Tsentr navchal’noi literatury, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Nezdojminov, S.H. and Andrieieva, N.M. (2013). «Conceptual principles of the formation of a diversification strategy at tourism business enterprises». Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy. Vol. 2, pp. 108—112.
- Kravtsova, A.V. (2013). «Classification of the risks of enterprises of tourism business». Visnyk ONU imeni I.I. Mechnykova. Vol. 18, no. 4/2, pp. 92—95.
- Ovcharov, A.O. (2008). «Simulation of risk management in tourist and recreational systems». Strakhovoe delo. 6, pp. 33—45.
- Brych, V. and Kramarchuk, S. (2010). «Risk management in the tourism business». Naukovi zapysky, vol. 2. Available at: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/ Soc_Gum/NZTNPU/geogr/2010_2/4/002Brich.pdf
- Shkola, I.M., Orekhovs’ka, T.M., Korol’chuk, O.P. and Kyfiak, V.F. (2007). Rozvytok turystychnoho biznesu rehionu. [Development of tourism business in the region]. Knyhy — XXI. Chernivtsi. Ukraine.
- Bednars’ka, O.R. and Svirs’ka, O.B. (2006). «Management of international tourism risks». Available at: http://ena.lp.edu.ua/bitstream/ntb/30358/3/ Vis_570_Menedgment.%203-8.pdf
- Kozhukhivs’ka, R.B. (2014). «Management of risk management processes at tourist enterprises». Available at: https://dspace.udpu.edu.ua/jspui/bitstream/6789/ 2456/1/rizik-menedgent%20v%20turismi.pdf
The article was received 18.03.2021