Introduction. In today’s economic environment, intensive production is the highest priority due to limited resources. It is important for agricultural enterprises to implement methods of intensification of activities, in particular through the use of advanced technology.
The purpose of the research is to substantiate the impact of agricultural engineering on the creation of competitive advantages in agribusiness.
Results. It is established that the Ukrainian machine building industry is characterized by negative tendencies. The dynamics of the agricultural machine building market is analyzed and the unstable nature of changes is determined – market volume growth during the period 2012-2016 and decrease during 2017-2018. The growth rates of volumes and structure of segments of the market of agricultural engineering (in terms of crop production, animal husbandry, universal engineering and spare parts) are characterized. It is determined that most of the equipment falls on the crop segment. The dynamics of availability, renewal and disposal of agricultural machinery in the activities of domestic agricultural enterprises is characterized. The reduction tendencies of the quantity of agricultural machinery by segments are noted. The market of imported agricultural machinery is characterized. The information on the production of certain types of mechanical engineering products for agriculture for the period 2013-2018 is summarized. The influence of agricultural engineering as a supporting industry on the competitiveness of domestic agriculture is characterized. The information on the use of agricultural machinery in households is summarized.
Conclusions. Agricultural engineering has a significant impact on the formation of competitive advantages of agricultural businesses. The agricultural sector is characterized by a reduction in the use of agricultural machinery and a focus on imported machinery.
Keywords: agriculture, agricultural machinery, agricultural machine building, competitiveness, competitive advantages, factor.
- Bilous’ko, T. Yu. (2013). «Problems of technical support of agricultural enterprises in the context of increasing their competitiveness». Visnyk NTU «KhPI», 52 (1025). pp.7-12.
- Bohomolova, K. S. (2019). «The essence and factors shaping the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises». Visnyk Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sil’s’koho hospodarstva imeni Petra Vasylenka. Issue pp. 118-128.
- Voynarenko, M. P. (2017). Prykladni zasady investuvannya pidpryyemstv sil’s’kohospodars’koho mashynobuduvannya [Applied principles of investing in agricultural machinery]. Efekty`vna ekonomika. [Effective economy]. (electronic journal). no. 4. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=5523.
- Karachyna, N. P., Vityuk, A. V. (2015). «Formation of prerequisites for investment development in the field of agricultural engineering». Ekonomika ta derzhava, 2. pp.35-38.
- Mohylova, M. M., Bilous’ko, Ya. K., Pidlisets’kyy, H. M. (2013). «Logistics of the agricultural sector». Ekonomika APK, 2. pp.61-67.
- Nesterenko, S. A. (2013). Konkurentospromozhnist’ sil’s’kohospodars’kykh pidpryyemstv: upravlins’kyy aspekt [Competitiveness of agricultural enterprises: management aspect]. Ahrar Media Hrup. Кiev. Ukraine.
- Official site of the State Statistics Committee. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
- Vlasenko, T. A. (2019). Upravlinnya stratehichnymy zminamy v diyal’nosti pidpryyemstv: teoriya, metodolohiya, praktyka. [Management of strategic changes in the activities of enterprises: theory, methodology, practice] D. Thesis: 08.00.04. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
The article was received 20.05.2020